pocket duties please

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 26. Jan 2014, 12:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am off to the hospital today to see if they can tell me why I have started to have pain when weight bearing, standing is bad with a pain in the groin at the front, and pain when walking. It started at the beginning of December, and I can`t think of anything I have done to cause it??
They rang to ask me to early to get an xray before my appointment, but my appointment is not until 4, so I bet there will be lots of waiting time :roll:
Thankyou x
NB

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in NB cant have you have you hanging about on your own...Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket N.B with my quilt and hot beenie!! Good luck hope it's a successful appt.
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Will be in your pocket, if there's room. Hope you don't have too much waiting about. Let us know how you get on.

Beryl
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you and they can say why you're having the pain. As if you don't have enough to cope with. Count me in.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB I will be in pocket duties..I am due at the same hospital tomorrow..she wanted me to have physio and then see me again ..but I cancelled my last one in December..its rotten when things have gone so well then months on you get this pain...I do hope they can help you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I'm a bit late but I'll bring up the rear. Hope the news is good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    I snuck on there too when you weren't looking NB. Let us know how it went.

x
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Sorry NB I would have jumped in but was at hospital the same time, I hope everything went ok :wink:
    Sue x
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thankyou everybody for your support, much appreciated!
    The clinic was running 1hour 40 mins late :( and the person who I was supposed to see wasn`t in clinic, even though she had booked my appointment with her!!!! GRRRR!!!
    Anyhoo! I had my xray, and sat waiting.....................
    and went in eventually to see a Registrar, (I think!!) who said my xray of the THR`s looked ok, and he wasn`t sure if I should have an ultrasound or MRI. I said no thanks!! no more MRI`s. He examined my leg, specifically the groin area which is causing the pain and said he thinks it is Adductor Tendonitis, and has referred me back to physio :roll: I was only discharged form physio last week with them saying they had done all they can for me and they referred me to Pain Clinic. I have to go back to the hospital in 3 months which will be my 1 year check up anyway.
    Today i got my Pain Clinic appointment on 21/2/14. I really hope they can help! I am getting fed up of pain everyday now for years. I can`t remember my last pain free day :( Which i know you all understand.
    After my appointment yesterday I had a scary motorway drive in the snow. Not good!
    Thanks again everyone xxx
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry NB only just seen this ,sending hugs. (((()))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oh NB how frustrating, let's hope the pain clinic helps l have been to one and they were very good........... Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    It's a pain in the bottom when you have to see a different consultant to your usual one, my heart sinks when I open the door to see someone other than my consultant. I'm sure he didn't read your details from the last time you saw your consultant. I sorry your appointment wasn't a good one. Lets hope your consultant is at the next appointment!
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    NB so sorry to hear it did'nt go well for you. Hopefully the pain clinic will be able to help. Will you go back to physio again then? Have you tried acupuncture? I ask because physio at my hospital pretty much told me there was'nt anything they could do with me but offered acupuncture and for a while it helped.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Well, it's good that the x-ray looks OK but that doesn't really get rid of the problem, does it? I hope the Pain Clinic and/or physio will.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks again all x
    Ritwren, yes my last physio did some acupuncture when I had sciatica, and it was great. Thye didn`t offer it for this pain hence the referral to Pain clinic, and she said maybe facet joint injections or epidural.
    I went to Asda with Mr NB earlier to get a few things and even before we got to the second aisle I was struggling with pain in my joint which makes weight bearing difficult. I have been sat with my feet up since I got home and it eases until I move more upright. I really hope the pain people are good, and they listen to what I am saying!
    Enjoy your evenings everyone
    NB