advice please

Options
Deborahp64
Deborahp64 Member Posts: 13
edited 27. Jan 2014, 09:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, am after a bit if advice, I have osteoarthritis in my knees and apart from the pain I get from them, I suffer thigh, shin and ankle pain, is this all associated with the arthritis?, I get awful cramp like pain in my shins too. Thanks for reading
Debb xx :D

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you made it over to this side, Debb. Hope you get some answers :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Deborah, Welcome to Arthritis Care Forum, you are in the right place for advice and support. I can't advice because I'm not a Dr, you should go and see your G.P about any pains your getting there are a lot of things that can be caused by. But I wanted to welcome you to the site.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Just a quick reply, if you have a problem between your toes and your neck why wouldn't you expect another problem showing up elsewhere.

Trawl through the pages here, theres plenty on such things. 8)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello and welcome Debbs
    Have you had an MRI scan ..if not I would ask for one ..this will show up more than an xray..sorry I can add anymore...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi Deborah
    Yes, that sounds familiar. I had pains in those places, not ankles, I couldn't understand why I was having pain in my shins, it used to radiate up into my thigh and down from the inside of my knee , mainly affected my lower leg.
    It was always worst first thing and as the afternoon progressed, walking became misery, but the more I read on this forum, there are so many folk who are worse than I was and are being put off and put off, it makes me feel so sad but fortunate too.
    I've just had my knee replaced, but I never had an MRI, just a series of knee X-rays.
    Love Fiona