New Laser Cure/Treatment

Dendy
Dendy Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Jan 2014, 07:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
New Laser Cure for Arthritis Pain - This is reported in Daily Express Monday January 27 2014 - does anyone know if this treatment is available now (and on the NHS?) ?
"The beams are thought to work in the same way as needles by stimulating the release of endorphins ..."
We are always hearing of these cures but on reading the small print we often see they are not yet available to the general public.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    As usual the Express is in the vanguard of publishing arthritis 'cures' - I've lost count of their 'arthritis breakthrough' headlines. Don't get too excited, if it's new it will only be available privately at some expense - and then probably abroad to boot. Two things are for sure however, like all the other cures and remedies the effects will be temporary and NICE will demand exhaustive studies and tests before the populace are given access. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Every other front page on the express and mail are cure for Arthritis..but the beam was mentioned a couple of weeks ago at my pain clinic...so they already know about it...has usual I think its down to cost... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    I don't think this is new at all. They were using lasers to treat arthritis pain years ago but that's all it was ever claimed to do - treat it not cure it. There is no cure. If you want endorphins go and have a laugh with some friends - cheaper, easier, quicker and, I find, very effective :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright