strontium ranelate

dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
edited 2. Feb 2014, 10:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone
I went to the doctor today he took me of strontium and gave me alendronic acid liquid I have to drink a lot of water and have it once a week I have to wait for the chemist to order it I will have enough for a month.
take care
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope the Alendronic Acid helps, Joan. I freely admit I refused it as my oesophagus is bad enough without meds that might irritate it. I guess we live in an imperfect world :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Joan

Your GP should not really have taken you off SR quite so soon as it has not been decided yet if it will be withdrawn or not. A further meeting is going to be held this month. I suspect it will be though, unfortunately and I am not sure that we, the patients will ever really know the real reason.

I do hope you get on ok with the AA liquid. I had the tablet form but it did not agree with me.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Joan
    Like Elna says why has he taken you of it so soon..I hope he explained it to you..so you will have to wait not till the chemist has enough..I do wish you well with it..and please let us know how you get on with it..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you and the new meds get on OK Joan, let us know how you get on................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    Thank you Sticky Elna Barbara Marie
    the doctor said they are stopping sr i'm willing to try the aa as I cannot swallow big tablets.
    I wll let you know how I get on.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I suppose the best thing about this for you, my lovely, is that the AA is in liquid form. I remember that the tabs had to be taken on an empty stomach and I had to sit up for 30 minutes after - is it the same for the liquid? I guess it should be. Good luck with it and I hope it does the trick. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    Thank you DD
    yes that's right I don't know how much water I have to drink until I pick it up tomorrow if its in.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Joan
    Hope it works for you......I remember taking it at the same time as DD.....what a nuisance. First thing in the morning, once a week, sit up straight, no lying down afterwards.
    At least its a liquid and you will cope with that better than tablets
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Joan

I believe you drink one entire bottle of the solution followed by at least 30 ml (one sixth of a glass) of plain water. Additional water (plain) may be taken.

All will be revealed for sure when you receive the medication.

I hope all goes well for you.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.