Am I getting stupid in my old age?

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 3. Feb 2014, 07:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Since I lost my cats last year, I've adopted a snowshoe and a moggy but, Yesterday I noticed that someone needs to re home Bengal Kitts because their son is badly allergic to cats, I've inquired about them and am waiting for a reply so, Am I stupid to go ahead with this?
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think it's stupid at all Numps. As long as you're able to take care of them, and only you know that. I'm sure they'll give you great pleasure :D
    Good luck,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Not at all, Numps. It makes perfect sense to do whatever makes you happy. Go for it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Numps They are such great company ,its a lovely idea ,I sometimes struggle with the vet bills ,but other than that its a win win situation Good luck if you do decide to home((((())))))Marrianne :)
  • numptynora
    Options
    I'm so glad no one has said I am stupid and if I get a reply I am certainly going to go ahead with it.

(it helps to have other input sometimes)
    Numps x
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,133
    Options
    The only thing I know about Bengals is from my neighbours' who have one, & it is a very lively cat & they seem to love to climb - it used to climb up the doorframes and actually up the wallpaper (not sure how it is now it's a little older but that was well after the kitten stage) :shock: , I imagine it is how they are by nature but I don't know of anyone else with one from personal experience so that's just one example; you may have had experience of them already & as long as you are prepared that's probably the main thing, good luck if you go ahead. :)
  • numptynora
    Options
    Well that was a waste! It turns out that she would have to fly them to me and courier to my door...far too much stress for them IMO but I've just been talking to a lovely lady that has 2 older Burmese, a girl and a boy both brown so I'm going to bite the bullet and borrow my sons sat-nav and go to Newbury and get them................decision made!!!
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    aww sorry numps..I was going to say my son would be so jealous he has wanted one for ages...have you seen the size they grow to..it wasn't meant to be... :( xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. Sorry you couldn't get the Bengals but I'm sure you'll love the Burmese. My dad needed a pet as he lives alone now. Someone said they had a Bengal kitten but my sister convinced him to have an older calmer cat. He always says now that he is glad he didn't get the 'tiger cat' as he would need to take it out for walks on a lead and everyone would run away thinking it was a real tiger. Alzheimers does play strange tricks on the mind. :lol:
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Numpty you know I lost my dear bubbadog and now have 2 very adorable fiesty 1yr old kitten/cats! The period between loosing bubbadog and getting Arnie & Willow was empty and horrible, I felt so low and lonely in the time between my OH going to work and coming home. My OH saw how it was effecting me and said yes to 2 cats, it only took me 2hrs to find Arnie & Willow at the R.S.P.C.A! And now there is never a dull moment in our house. They have helped brighten both of our lives. Definitely get them, you will give them an amazingly happy life.