FAO Hilleena 111

Options
lululu
lululu Member Posts: 486
edited 3. Feb 2014, 07:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there I do not log on much these days so this is just for you!
You have a post about TKH and in the post just below that one you mention that you do not get any moility DLA or PIP whichever! Hileena you should to be getting Mobillity it is a definite! Please look into it. I expect you should be getting a care rato too as I am sure that with the best will in the world there must be things you can't manage with you hip the way it is.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lulu
    Good to see you on line
    I've just had my second THR a week ago.
    I did apply for DLA one time and was refused and now I'm too old.....I suppose I could get something else but they would probably refuse that as well. I have a blue badge and that's it.

Love
    Hileena
  • lululu
    Options
    So sorry Hileena I did not realise you are an 'an old Lady' :oops: in that case I hope you claim AA. I meet so many people who do not relise that they are able to claim. Good luck with your THR.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    lululu..could you explain what is AA..like Heleena..I dont get anything..I have had one hip replaced and waiting for the other..on top of my hand op and poorly back..I'm 64 in May..will this make a difference to what I could claim
    Thanks in advance
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Lulu
    Thanks for the information
    I think 65 is the cut off date and then AA I tried before I was 65.
    I'm now just {just she says :lol: } 67
    The forms look as if you have to be incapable of doing most thing before they give you anything
    I use crutches {not for my THR} but for my kyphscoliosis. Had 2 THR's, so OA in both hips and lower spine and ankle.{Well controlled epilepsy} don't think that would count.
    I am married, so do have help, have a car so can get about. I think they are likely to say you don't need our money :cry:
    Thanks for your help......anything else just let me know please....you can pm me as well if you want to
    Love
    Hileena
  • lululu
    Options
    WOW You two ladies are on this forum all the time I would have just assumed you all knew what benefits people were ENTITLED to ok here goes I will answer in seperate posts.

Barbara12 it sounds like you should have been getting DLA for a long time both for care and mobillity. DLA - Disability Living Allowance has now been replaced for new claimes by PIP (Personal Independance Allowance) It is such a shame that you did not get in a claim for DLA as it would have been a certainty for mobillity but now you should claim for PIP.

You have mobility and with your gammy hand must have some care issues. I have not read up on the PIP criteria but I am sure some of it must apply to you. The forms are long but maybe you can get help with them. The benefit is not means tested and is back dated till the day you phone to request a form so do not delay anymore!!!!!
  • lululu
    Options
    Hileena as I advise for Barbara but because you are 65+ apply for AA Attendance Allowance. You are right the cut off age for DLA was 65+. You also would have had a case for DLA higher rate mobility again it is a shame.

You need to apply for AA , include all your problems including the Epilepsy even though it is controlled (are you allowed to drive), I am sorry I do not know what that K thing is but include it any way. AA is not means tested and it is backdated till the day you phone to request a form, The last time I checked the lower rate was £53 so well worth a claim. The phone No. for a form is 0345 605 6055.

I did not pm for these two posts because this info may well apply to others but you are welcome to pm me if I can help in any way.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks again for the help.
    Yes I can drive and I've got a car which makes me think they'll say "she doesn't need our money" Its 33 years since I had a seizure but still take medication. The back problem Kyphoscoliosis is a C shaped curve in my spine and a slight hump at the tip of my back.......OA in the lower spine.
    I think that's it.......When I feel up to it after this THR I'll see what I can do. Barbara is a good few weeks ahead of me post op so she might try first.

Love
    Hileena
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    I've been told that for both DLA and AA it really helps to have assistance in filling out the forms, either from the CAB or Age UK. They know what is expected and are familiar with the pitfalls. If you don't want to do that, then read all the huge amount of information on how to fill them in which is available on the internet if you do a search. Don't just assume you know how to fill in the forms; that's how people get refused.
  • lululu
    Options
    Tut Tut Hileena it is at least £53 per week - £212 per month and it is backdated till the day you phone to request a form, that is a lot of money to delay for and you get I think one month to return it. Please do not delay you could have been claiming for years!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hi lululu
    And thankyou..I have applied for DLA twice and been turned down...I do say to others on here don't give up...but I'm afraid I never take my own advice :oops:
    Love
    Barbara
  • lululu
    Options
    Barbara completing the forms is an ART you need to know not only what to say but also the way to say it! either can or you can't.

I know that you qualify So you should get someone to help with the forms.

However while you are pondering I suggest that you just have a look at the Benefits and Work website I am sorry I don't do links.

pm me.