The twists and turns of life with RA

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 9. Feb 2014, 05:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you will be aware of my saga of the miracle anti TNF injections vs. the nasty side effect of daily vomiting. Well, bizarrely, the vomiting has stopped! All good, I hear you say....except that the side effects of numbness and tingling have escalated. They've been there from the start but were bearable, now less so. Thus, we have returned to the process of wondering if this drug just does not agree with me at all. I can't say it's not a bit baffling to be honest.

I would sit and ponder on it further but I'm just about to make myself a snack of grilled halloumi on bruschetta which is far more exciting. :lol: Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So all in all, a bit of a rollercoaster, Sophie – minus the sickness, of course :)

I hope you have some answers soon, but in the meantime enjoy your snacks! (I had to google 'halloumi' :oops:)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Starburst
    Options
    You've never had halloumi? Oh, it's fantastic! You really must try it.
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    *adds to shopping list*

Is it like mozzarella? I love mozzarella :D (cheesy grin)
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Halloumi is yummy in a wrap with peppers and tomatoes and salad leaves- was a bit dubious when my veggie daughter first gave it to me but quickly converted!! :)

Hope the rollercoaster reduces in peaks and troughs soon.
    Deb xx
  • Starburst
    Options
    It's very chewy and quite salty. It's great in salad. Don't go for the low fat halloumi, it's a false economy!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    Some of you will be aware of my saga of the miracle anti TNF injections vs. the nasty side effect of daily vomiting. Well, bizarrely, the vomiting has stopped! All good, I hear you say....except that the side effects of numbness and tingling have escalated. They've been there from the start but were bearable, now less so. Thus, we have returned to the process of wondering if this drug just does not agree with me at all. I can't say it's not a bit baffling to be honest.

I would sit and ponder on it further but I'm just about to make myself a snack of grilled halloumi on bruschetta which is far more exciting. :lol: Happy Monday everyone!

The meds giveth and the meds taketh away. Damned be the meds :wink:

Sorry, don't like halloumi. Tastes like rubber to me. Long live stilton - blue, of course :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's a pain in so many ways, isn't it? :roll: Some of us have to try so many meds before we find what helps - and then we may to compromise between the benefits versus the side-effects. I empathise, it's not fun.

Halloumi? Been there, nibbled that and prefer Leerdammer. A slice of that wrapped in a slice of peppered salami. . . . . yum-yum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Options
    I spoke too soon. The honeymoon fortnight of non-pukey bliss is well and truly over.

I'm in a miserable mood; I didn't sleep well due to pain. I'm flaring and ill - my mouth is covered in infected looking ulcers and I have thrush that is stubbornly refusing to leave, despite prescribed treatment. I'm worried because I have so much academic work to do and I can't afford time off uni or placement either. My supervisor kicked me up the backside when I struggled in last week and told me that my health comes first, which I know but but but.....

Plan - back to bed and wake up in a less rubbish mood!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm so sorry this has happened. I'm not going to even try to give you any advice because I think you cope so well with so much that you know better than I. I will, however, send some of these (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright