Lupus

Options
sheenakt
sheenakt Member Posts: 51
edited 17. Feb 2014, 14:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 3 weeks ago (been poorly about 4 months with chest pain,pain in all body etc) I've started treatment with Amitriptyline, which seemed to help a little, I've now had a letter saying I have tested positive in the antibody to an auto-immune condition. I've just been for further investigatory blood tests, an anti DNA test and the C3/4 complement tests but it will be 2 weeks before I get the results. I think the consultant is guessing I have Lupus - any one else in the same boat? I could do with some encouragement and positive thoughts. Sheena xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, can't help with the diagnosis but encouragement and positive thoughts are winging their way to you :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sheenakt
    Options
    thanks sticky, to be continued, x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There are one or two on here who have this so I hope they see your post. Why do you think he is going to say this - has he already mentioned it to you as a possibility? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sheena
    The only thing I know is that my hairdresser has Lupus..and is on certain meds to ease the joint pain...she seems to manage her job ok..mind you she is part time at the min because of the children..why dont you do a search at the top of the forum..hope you get some good news when you go back...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • sheenakt
    Options
    thanks Barbara for the kind words, DD I have read that a lot of people are initially diagnosed with Fibro and if they have have further testing ,(when their symptoms don't improve) actually turn out to have Lupus as it is supposed to imitate the symptoms of Fibro. The consultant has run 2 tests specifically for Lupus so I will just have to wait the required 2 weeks for the results. Xx
  • Aimer66
    Aimer66 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi Sheena,

I am an even rarer beast, a bloke with (suspected) lupus!

I think it's a very difficult illness to confirm diagnoses as it "mimics" so many other chronic illnesses.

Have a look at lupusuk.org.uk where there is loads of excellent info and the healthunlocked lupus forum as well.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Want what you have.
  • sheenakt
    Options
    Hi Mark,
    you are indeed a rarer case. How long since you were diagnosed and how are you managing?

Still awaiting my results, Sheena xx