knee cap replacement

Options
supereds
supereds Member Posts: 10
edited 5. Feb 2014, 04:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi im new here but i made a post the chit chat room.Brief story tkr when i was 42 im 55 now hip replacement 2004 which went terribly wrong took 5 operations to fix it ,was told it will never be the same in constant pain with it.Second revision tkr 2 years ago old joint lasted 13 years good going i think.Was getting pain in my knee seen my consultant he done a arthroscopy he told me i need a replacement kneecap.He also told me my left knee is riddled with arthritis.Plus i have the arthritis in my spine bone spurs and slight curvature to the spine.To top it all off my job contract was cancelled lost my job going through the process of ESA dreading it.getting back to my question lol has anyone ever had kneecap replacement.Sorry about the spelling in alot of pain at the moment.

cheers phill

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Phill, You've certainly been through the mill with that TKR. Briefly, as I'm desperate for my bed :roll: I know they do this op but I can't recall anyone having it. O hope I'm wrong :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Phil
    Gosh you really have a lotto cope with..the knees has you know are so complex ..there are quite a few people on here that have had TKR...butI think the knee cap is different...sorry Im not much help..but I do wish you well with it all,,have you tried a search at the top of the forum...good luck
    Just a point I use the search next to members..and not the one at the very top..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't know that much about TKRs (I am still waiting for mine) but I do know that the knee cap is not part of the joint, as such. It's a floating bone, this is why it can end up either side or even behind the knee (as seen on Helicopter Heroes, a woman slipped over and shunted hers right round - OUCH) which is there to protect the hinge joint behind it. I reckon your kneecap is the original so a replacement may be just the ticket - but I am not a doc let alone an orthopaedic surgeon :wink: . The next time you see him ask for some clarification on this and as for the other knee, well, this is what happens alas. :( It's not fun, is it? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • supereds
    supereds Member Posts: 10
    Options
    thank you for your replies

phill