first rheumotiology appointment advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The cocos are merely pain dullers i.e. they dull the sharper edges but no more. I don't know about the amytryp but, sadly, pain is a fact of our lives. It sucks, as well as hurts, yes? I hope the pred soon does something more helpful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tam1272
    tam1272 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    hi all,

I went to the doctors today and he said he will talk to my rheumatology consultant tomorrow. I've got to have more blood tests done to check inflammation levels etc.

I had a really bad attack on Monday and couldn't even walk because of the pain through my knees and lower legs. I've never felt pain like it and all I could do was cry. I spent the day on the sofa and now the last couple of days have had to use a walking stick.

my doctor said I should of had a lot of relief by now if it was polymyalgia so he said they will have to now rule out MS and then its probably looking more like fibromyalgia which is something that my dad has suffered with for years!

just cant wait to get to the bottom of it all.

tam x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. I can empathise with the pain on walking and it's miserable. For me the fibro is more muscle pain, sweating and shallow sleep (which is further compromised by on-going pain) whereas the pain in my toes, ankles, knees, hips and sacros is a lovely mixture of PsA and OA.

Auto-immune conditions can take a great deal of fathoming out and I hope you get somewhere soon. DD
  • tam1272
    tam1272 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    thanks dd I hope so too. will let you know what my rheumy says tomorrow.
    tam x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'll look out for your update. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello tam
    Sorry your appointment wasn't very good, it leaves me fuming when they rush you out like this..I hope that steroid injections works for you,good luck with the rheumy and don't let them do the same stand your ground..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Dakky
    Dakky Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi Tam,

Sorry your unwell. I hope the injections are starting to give you some relief. I suffer from a lot of the joint pain you too suffer from.

Was also writing to add that with the knee trouble you're having be careful! My doctor encouraged me to keep walking, even through the pain. Five days ago (and since) my knees buckled in towards each other, and now continue to do it with even a walk to the bathroom.

I think I may have damaged my medial crucial ligaments, as my knees are now very unstable. These ligaments take ages to heal, if at all properly. So only do what you can.

I know it's devastating to not be able to do the simple things such as walking, but keep your long term joint health in mind when considering exercise or walks.

Hope you're now on the road to some relief :)