Nag or moan

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 13. Feb 2014, 05:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
What if anything is the difference between nagging and moaning ,hubby is confused as he can't tell when I nag or moan.He's usually wrong anyway ! Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, a tricky one this. I have learned over my years with Mr DD that just one request for something 'householdy' to be done is classified as a nag and I moan about him only to friends. Is it him you are moaning about or other things which are not him-related? DD

PS Thighs down tomorrow :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Well it's him,he was making a cuppa and brought me a biscuit in which I ate the tea followed 10 mins later ! But if I make a cuppa I don't bring the biscuits in till the teas ready,common sense really.So I nagged he said I was moaning. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig..you are neither nagging or moaning, just advising him how things should be done... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    it depends on the sex of the person!.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    You have to advise him mig without him knowing it(man phsycology) and then he will do it perfectly and not accuse you of nagging,moaning , unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Nagging is repeatedly asking for something to be done when once politely should have been enough. Moaning is just expressing frustration or some sort of pain.

But, you could be moaning at the same time you are nagging for the umpteenth time about something that should have been done when first asked, ie expressing your frustration at having to nag. Clearly then, moaning can be the result of nagging :D .
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I nagged Mr SW again today about trying to wash up without submerging the entire kitchen. Later he moaned that he'd had me on Ebay for 6 months without a single offer :wink: o
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Is it a matter of not being able to carry too many things? Mind you it means he's probably having a good old munch whilst you're in the other room. :wink: DD
  • mig
    Options
    That's so very true DD,I actually caught him one day with a mouth full of fig roll. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mmmmmmm, fig roll . . . . . . . . DD wanders off, ever so slightly drooling . . . . . . . . .
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Mig
    you are doing neither or both depends on which way he feels at the time my OH always says oh I cant do or carry 2 things at once so maybe DD is right. I think most husbands/partners are the same. ha ha :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Nagging is when you want something done and moaning takes place when they have finally attempted the thing you nagged about in the first place because it is never good enough.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh tkachev, that made me laugh - thank you! Very succinct, methinks. DD