My Anti-Freeze Bluezzz

Options
cornishman
cornishman Member Posts: 34
edited 10. Feb 2014, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dear Forum

Had to share my poetry blues with you, maybe it resonates with some of you, hope it makes you laugh. Better sung or spoken with a deep bluesy voice xoxo

My Anti-freeze Blues

I woke up this morning; pain from my head down into my toes
Rain beating on my window frame; nowhere i really wanna go
It’s blowin’ 100 miles an hour now; i’ve got those odd anti-freeze blues – it’s so blue
So i know what i need to do right now; have another swig on that bottle of anti-freeze blue – it’s soo blue

Yes my joints are all seized up; from my fingers down into my toes
Oh my head is not on straight; i hate the way this feeling goes
So i’ve found the only way to ease it; is have another swig on that bottle of anti-freeze blue - why is it so blue

Yes... it stops my joints from freezin’; helps with my sneezin’ too
Yesss it stop my joints from freezin’; helps with that sneezin’ too
That colour looks so inviting; hand me that cool anti-freeze blue – oh baby that is blue
I love my coolant antifreeze; please can you hand it over to me –thank you baby blue

Need some Chilli Hot sauce; so you can rub it all over me
Oh I need that special Hot sauce; so you can rub it into me
My car is all frozen so i give her some of my cool blue anti-freeze blues – thank you oh your so blue
This is one of those mornings; where my good old friend anti-freeze comes shining through –Baby your so blue -yesss oh so blue --uh huh...

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's very good, Cornishman, I enjoyed it! Over on the ChitChat board on here there's a permanent poetry thread - please re-post it there so it doesn't get lost. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Health & Safety requires me to point out that drinking Anti-Freeze is not advisable and has no known benefits for arthritis :wink: Ditto smearing oneself with Hot Chilli Sauce :wink:

Nice one, cornishman.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)