Request for those over 40 with knee OA - Glasgow

Options
Mat48
Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
edited 11. Feb 2014, 12:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All. I attended three excellent presentations held in the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday evening - organised by Arthritis Care. I've been asked to pass on this information about Professor Martijn Steultjens’ current research studies on Osteoarthritis and Pain. If you are over 40 and have knee OA and are interested in taking part in this research then you can contact Stephanie at; rehabilitationresearch@gcu.ac.uk.

Mat
If you get lemons, make lemonade

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks Mat to far for me but I am glad to see they are doing research..it does give you hope... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mat48
    Options
    Thanks Barbara - he was a good speaker and the research does sound very interesting and hopeful too. But unfortunately the poster they have sent me and the power point won't allow for me to copy and paste any extracts on here about it :roll:

The call for help explains "we are studying the role of neuromuscular control has on knee osteoarthritis. We hope this research will add to our understanding of knee osteoarthritis and the limitations on performing daily activities.".
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks for this Mat, as I live near Glasgow I would be interested in this but can't seem to access the link ..................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Mat48
    Options
    Its an email address rather than a link Marie so if you copy it from my post and then use it to email they will send you the relevant information. I have grabbed this extract from the PP slide presentation for you too so if you email this man - it is his research study that you would be helping with. If you could also mention that the information has come from one of the NRAS Scottish Ambassadors who attended his lecture in the Scottish Parliament that would be great :P

Chronic musculoskeletal pain  -
    how do we turn the tide?

Martijn Steultjens

Martijn.steultjens@gcu.ac.uk

Professor of Musculoskeletal Health
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Duh!!!!!! didn't even notice that Mat well seen the brain fog is a pea souper today :lol: I will drop an email and take it from there. I will certainly put it came from a NRAS Scottish Ambassadors who attended his lecture in the Scottish Parliament anything to help research..................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Mat48
    Options
    That's brilliant Marie! I hope it leads to something positive for those with OA of the knee (and elsewhere too of course). X