Hi, sorry I have been awol.....

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 11. Feb 2014, 12:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I ma sorry that I have not been here to offer my support to you lovely people who have always been here with a kind word for me. We have had some sad news in the family and I have been the one managing the fallout form this unfortunately. Things are still very hard but time is passing.
Sorry that i have not been here for Hileena (I have sent a pm) , or DD (hope that arm is healing x)or other people that I have not yet caught up with on their threads.
I have been to exhausted at the end of the day to ever pick up the laptop, never mind switch it on! I am day off today, and planning to stay indoors out of the rain.
I have an appointment at Wrightington on Friday with the physios , as I have been referred by my Consultant. And next Friday I have my first pain clinic appointment.
Nothing has really changed with me, still walking like the tin man thanks to my back. Still got groin pain and pain on weight bearing on my right leg. Still struggle to lie in bed without sciatica.
Hope you are all keeping warm x
NB

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you've been having a tough time on all fronts, NB. I hope there's better news from the physio and Pain Clinic.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi NB, sorry to hear you're going through such a rough patch.
    I hope you get some relief from the physio and pain clinic.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB
    Sorry you are having a hard time......I've answered your pm
    Typical that it should all fall on you.
    Let us know what happens with the physio and pain clinic

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi NB, I'm sorry to hear you have been through some ruff time lately. Lets hope you have a better time when you see your Physio and go to the pain clinic and get some relief. We can't always be on this forum everyday so don't feel you have to say 'Sorry'.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry it has been tough for you lately NB, keeping fingers crossed your appointments go well, try and let us know how you get on..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am sorry things have been bad for you...we keep missing each other at Wrightington I was there a couple of weeks ago...I do hope the physio can help..good luck on Friday and I hope things improve for you very soon...I will PM you xxx.
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time now on top of everything else you have to cope with. Hope the appointments go well for you and you can get some relief.
    Ritwren
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks everyone for your replies xx
    I have had a nice quiet day, pottering around indoors, keeping dry! :roll:
    I keep hoping that I will get some good news for a change or at least a break between the rubbish stuff.Any tips for my first appointment at pain clinic? Will I have to strip? :oops: Physio have told me I will :shock:
    NB
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope your visit to pain clinic goes well. Am not sure where your pain problems are located but I didn't have to strip (my problems are back, knee and shoulder). Just had a general chat and made suggestions etc. Hope you get more help than I did. Think pain clinics vary a bit in what they offer and/or do.

Let us know how you get on.

Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Strip? :shock: I wouldn't have thought so, my first appointment was a wash-out, I was talked 'at' by the consultant and told things I already knew. I hope yours is better than that!

Apologies are not needed - general life can interfere with arthritis matters, yes? I had some of that last year and I hope things are settling now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB
    They usually give you a questionnaire to fill in..pain out of ten..and things about how you are feeling..are you depressed..daft questions really... :roll: then they try you on different meds...and can offer acupuncture and injections...there is only the acupuncture I haven't tried..I certainly didnt have to strip..will be thinking about..and hope it goes well for you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies and reassurances about the pain clinic. I only asked about being asked to undress as the physio letter mentioned this and suggested taking shorts.. I am at Pain clinic very early on the day, which will be a `pain` (ha ha yes another one! :lol: ) as it is a bit of a drive. They never send me to my nearest hospital!!
    Tired again now. Wish I could work out why?!! Just weary most of the time :roll:
    Thanks again all x
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB
    When we get a general letter from the physio dept it always sys bring shorts etc.
    I've been before and was going back to see about acupuncture and had this letter. I ignored it :roll: and mentioned it to Kristan {my physio} and he said Oh tats just a standard letter you have got.
    As for the pain clinic.....
    Mine just talked to me...not AT me. Suggested a few things like TENS machine, {already tried that} acupuncture.....have had that and it was successful inasmuch as for 5 days out of the 7 the pain was much less so I told him this and asked if I could go back......went back until the date of my THR. I've got to go and chat to Kristan on Friday to see where we go from here although I'll only be 3 weeks post op then.
    They also suggested a group.......self management of chronic pain. I know I've been to the arthritis care one which lasted 6 weeks but this one is once a month and is constant. I've been going since it was suggested and it is great....a very social group as well as everything else.
    He also suggested gaberpentin {sp} but since I'm on epilepsy med anyway I said no.
    Had facet joint injections.....didn't help at all lol
    So all in all I thought it was a very successful appointment there.
    Good luck
    Love
    Hileena