Physio appointment today

Options
valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 26. Feb 2014, 05:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just to let you know I had my first physio appointment today and I was really pleased and impressed at the care and understanding that I got. He examined me and asked lots of questions. He arranged for me to have 4 sessions of wax hand therapy starting week after next to help strengthen. I will also get some exercise info then and also info on any aids I may need.. He showed me some exercises for my shoulders and arms and said walking was good for me so I was pleased about this as I have just got back into walking after being almost housebound since end of October. Although a bit hard on ankles and feet but physio said my appointment that I have next week for special insoles should help this. I will see physio again in 5 week to check progress and he will then give me details of hydrotherapy which he feels will be good for me and my local swimming pool run a class for little money (of which goes to charity - what an excellent idea). A good appointment all round. Hope all is well with you all and you are not too affected by this awful weather.

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello valde,

Thanks for sharing this :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • valde
    Options
    You are very welcome. Sometimes its good to put positive feelings on as sometimes hospitals get some bad press so I wanted to say there are some good appointments out there.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So pleased you had a good appointment. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That does sound positive, I am pleased and I hope it all helps! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Thanks for the good news, valde. I hope the physio, and the insoles, continue to help. Do keep us updated.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    Options
    We hear too often the bad Doctor's/therapist's appointments. I am so glad the physio went so well. Sounds like you are being well taken care of. Tell your friends/family about this physio, if anyone in future needs his/her services, they'll know where to go. It's hard to find a caring, thorough, competent and good therapist sometimes. Good Luck with your therapy.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so pleased for you, it does make a difference when you get someone that understands..you keep up the good work ..summer is coming so you can enjoy your walks.. :D I'm quite jealous...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valde
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have started short walks now nothing too long. Waiting for my insoles to be ready so they should, I hope make my feet and ankles more comfortable

Tomorrow I have my first hand wax therapy so will let you know how that goes. My GP said he had not heard of it (he is quite young but very good) but something in the back of my mind tells me it is very old therapy and when I told my sister she also remembers hearing about it. Wonder if it could be one of those treatments that went out of fashion and has now come back....bit like the mini skirt and winkle picker shoes....oh that is now showing my age!! Hope you all have a good night and once again thank you for your support in helping me deal with RA.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I remember they did the wax therapy in the film Wanted it's suppose to have fast healing properties. Well I hope it helps your hands, you will have to let us know how it goes. Hope you enjoy your walks especially now weather is going to get better, I'm with Barbara 'I'm jealous!'