Feeling Really Unwell

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 14. Feb 2014, 16:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a cold now for 3 weeks,I also have a cough that is worse at night or when I breath in.My chest seems to hurt also when breathing in and I seem rather breathless especially at night-time.I went to see my GP a week ago and he was unable to see any signs of an infection.I thought my breathing and cough was due to my asthma brought on by the cold.I have to sleep almost sitting up every night or my chest really hurts and brings on constant coughing.It is just starting to really get me down now.I was thinking maybe it was something to do with my immune system and if my medication could in any way be preventing me from getting better.I sit worth ringing my GP or Rheumatology to ask if I should put my methotrexate on hold for a couple of weeks.I just want this to go away now as it don't seem to be going anywhere in a hurry.

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, I'd do both & asap. I had repeated chest infections for months last year n was left on mtx for all of it ... I was so weak by the end of it .. I'd hate you to feel as ill as I did!!

Also mtx can cause problems with ure lungs so I was referred to a respiritory team. I was lucky & it hadn't damaged my lungs like they'd thought. But I'd bee n on a very high dose for a few years!!

I think you should see ure GP or Nurse Practioner about ure chest & ring ure rheumy team to see if you should stop ure mtx.

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Yes, definitely and, as it's Friday, do it now so that you're not left in this dilemma over the weekend. Many people on meth are told to stop taking it if they have a cold or infection of any kind as it slows down the healing process.

I've been in the 'cold-gone-wrong' situation, sleeping, if that's not too fine a word for it, upright in a recliner. It's no fun and, if things are not improving and you have no chest infection, then it's time to ring the helpline for advice. However, just because you didn't have a chest infection last week doesn't mean to say you don't have one this week. In your situation I'd ring the rheumatology helpline for advice, leave a clear message but also make an appointment to see the GP again today if possible as it's weekend coming up. This thing needs clobbering on the head :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Awww shandy I really wish I could offer some help...but have these for you ((((())) and hope you soon feel better...and Im glad to see the others have given you some advice..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Thank you all I rang rhummy who have advised me to not take my methotrexate until I start feeling better.i am also waiting to hear back from my GP as it's all call back now. I will have to call them again on Monday if anything changes I'll ring out of hours or go to hospital.i really appreciate everyone's concern thank you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. I hope things improve over the weekend.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright