Hair!

Options
Rarmst17
Rarmst17 Member Posts: 9
edited 17. Feb 2014, 05:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi!

So my wrist and elbows seem to want a bit of time in the spotlight these days and this morning trying to straighten my hair was a total nightmare!

I suppose the angle that I need to hold the brush/straighteners at is awkward and so that's what is causing all the pain (mostly in my wrist) but what I would like to know is has anyone came up with a solution to this problem?

I know it's a silly thing to be upset over but it's just been the icing on the cake after a fortnight of flare up!

Rachael
Dont look back because that's not where your going

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rachael ,I am sure you look lovely ..whatever.. :) ...Haveing horrible straight hair myself :lol: I have no experiance with them ...I am a wash and go girl ,but I am sure others will have good tips to help .((()))Marrianne
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

I'm too rough to even shower without fainting at tho moment so I'm wet wipes & bed rest only, it's not good enough, you could fry an egg in my hair ... Tmi, sorry!! :shock:

My remedy, coz of my shoulders wen I'm not in this current state, is my daughter & if she's not around I shove it up half & half cos it's so much quicker than trying to straighten it!! Brushing during natural drying helps too.

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Sorry. I struggle to comb mine even with a specially adapted comb. I finally got my hair cut short when I could no longer manage it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rarmst17
    Options
    Thanks guys xxx. A small issue in the grand scheme of things but annoying nonetheless!

Marianne I bet your hair isn't horrible. It's the classic tho eh people with straight hair want curly hair and people with curly hair want straight hair!

Aw that's rubbish Debbie I really hope you feel better soon.

Sticky wicket I used to love having short hair but the way my hair is it takes more effort than it does when it's long! Hopefully getting a steroid injection on Tuesday so that might help it! X
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    If I have to, I use my straightener lying on the bed leaning on my elbows with frequent rests. It takes forever, so it must be a special occasion. Mostly, it's 'as is' for me. I cut it pretty short and I use a serum to tame the wildness. It works most of the time (I think :?: ) but then I say 'whatever' anyway :D Can't afford too many spoons spent on hair.....
  • Rarmst17
    Options
    I completely agree boomer it's not worth too many spoons!

Ps I totally love that spoons explanation! It's such an easy way of explaining it to people and if you can have a visual element that goes a long way to help people understand.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww its not silly at all, its one thing I strggle with..like you say icing on the cake.I hope the flare eases up very soon ((()))
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Rachel, I have naughty hair that is a pain it's neither straight or curly it's sort of kinky! So I have to dry my hair and then straighten it. I was doing OK taking breaks and swapping hands while drying it and straightening it. But since December it's been getting harder so now I have my OH do it for me! I do use emotional blackmail on him but it works!! :wink: