Feeling down not positive

Options
celebrationb
celebrationb Member Posts: 134
edited 19. May 2014, 07:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry to say that am feeling very down, had two wisdom teeth out on wednesday and very sore and eating soft food all the time. I have a big bruise on my face like I have been hit. My oa has been playing up on my knee with the weather, buckling more. Trapped nerve not to bad. Feeling very down and with work busy just have to do it.
Trying to stay positive about things but not working. Other things happening to that i cant mention. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
The families still be hide me but dont feel it at the moment.
Janet

Comments

• Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, poor you, You do seem to have a lot to contend with. I have had knee/back probs for a long time, and I know some of the work you describe would have been an awful trigger for my pain. Are you standing and then moving heavy stuff around? Can you make any changes?
    Can you find a little thing that you just do for yourself, that you can look forward to each day and work towards. Going to a gym just seems like another thing to have to fit in (and go to) could u exercise some times at home?
    Re your teeth, just a little recommendation, I bought a childrens Colgate brush, for getting to the teeth near my extraction, it was softer with a smaller head. I have come to love it and prefer it to the electric one.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Wisdom teeth extraction is a big thing; two together = twice the bigness. :( Unlike the OA, however, it will get better so that is a thought to hold on to whilst you haul yourself through this rough patch. I too am struggling with the weather (all my OA-affected joints are protesting) and I reckon the same applies to everyone else on here so take it as easy as you can with the ju-jitsu instruction etc. so that you don't stress it too much. It's one of the bigger banes of our lives - we cannot change the weather but we can change our reaction to it - so rest as much as you can, keep up with the pain relief (especially with the extraction), apply some witch-hazel to your face (or arnica gel) get some heat onto that knee and things will ease once the weather warms. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Janet, you have been having an awful time of it, I had my 2 Wisdom teeth out many years ago but I still remember looking like a hamster and sucking on straws! But to have that with arther pain I really do feel for you. And having to deal with all that and personal trouble while being at work I don't blame you feeling really down. All I can do is send you a big soft (()) Hope you feel some what better soon.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Janet
    I am sorry you are suffering like this..the op for wisdom teeth isn't very nice..i remember it well :roll: you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself with everything else you have going on...I will leave you some very gentle hugs..and hope things improve very soon..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Thank you everyone . love the hugs., just finished work from nine this morning. Mouth still sore, soft food . thank you for being there.
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Glad to say mouth has improved loads but after losing six pounds in weight. Found my mum on her bed floor about two weeks ago, she was in hospital for nine days, doing better now staying at brothers house for a few days. At the hospital every day then daughter was not well too. She is getting heart tested scan tomorrow.,
    Now my leg and knee is very very uncomfortable. Also working so not online.
    Does stress cause problems with oa also fermol nerve bad too.
    Its hard to stay positive toooooo hard can't at the moment.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Stress causes all sorts of problems for everyone whether or not they have any kind of arthritis. try to make life as easy as you can for yourself right now so as not to create any more stress than is absolutely necessary.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Still feeling rough, knee bad, can't go down on my knee with out pain. Fermol nerve is sore too. Acupuncture helped for a while. It was good.
    Still stressed over Mum, stressed.
    Sooooooo fed up with all this
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry your still stressed and in pain, sorry your moms still stressed as well. It must be a real handful to deal with at the moment, hope you see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Thank you my mums at home now. Still worried, just feel so sore and down, stressed to.
    Leg in both areas are sore, Can't understand why am feeling this way. Thought I could fight it but its not happening Even in my classes I was hoping to improve a bit but not yet heading down hill.
    Sorry am moaning again. But the good thing is still love my work .which I can still do with a false smile.
  • celebrationb
    Options
    I sorry i have not been on the forum for a while. I have been very busy with work and the Giro coming, also my knee has been very sore, trying to cope. My mouth is great now and my mum is better but still on her own.
    I have had to slow down on the training but not stop. Was walking lots over Easter but now the pain/discomfort is keeping me up at night. So tired not sleeping right. knee sore dont know what to do. :(
    People i have spoke to are amazed that i keep going with what i love. Need to earn money and teach kids takes mind of it.
    Not sure what to do.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

It seems to me that ure body is screaming at you to rest it!! I'm not to sure why ure ignoring it? Ure knees take a battering from walking alone so the added exercise, wen they're already so painful, doesn't seem wise ... Unless there are things I don't know of course.

If it was me & especially as you work, I'd stop ure exercising & taking long walks, which puts even more more pressure thru ure knees, until they are less painful and are more up to coping with it!! Maybe that will relieve some of ure stress & aid ure sleep.

I'm glad to hear ure mouth is healed. I had all 4 removed at once ... Unpleasant!! :shock:

I hope ure daughter is ok & ure Mum continues to improve well.
    I think if you can lower some of the pressure ure putting on ureself to exercise & walk so much it may benefit you all around!!

((((Hugs))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Thank you . my daughter got the all clear, she and my son ran the Belfast Fun Run
    I do agree that I should slow down but finding it hard too
    I thought I could cope and fight on but not sure now.
    Am only told before Xmas how does everyone else cope with it.
    I can fight it as well as I thought. I do have good family to help, it hard not to keep going.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You can cope and fight it but not by just carrying on as if nothing had changed. Choose your battles. Concede the minor things in life in order to have the energy and strength for the major ones.

Great news about your daughter :D
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi again,

I've got a number of things wrong with me other than arthritis but I cope with it all because I have to, wot other choice is there??

I think the best thing you can do is listen to ure body!! If it needs rest it will tell you by swelling &/or higher pain levels. As you work then pacing ureself is likely to be REALLY important for you as well. That's wot SW is saying, pace ureself!!

No one is saying don't exercise but do it wen ure body can cope. Swimming is generally kinder on our joints than other forms.

That's great news about ure children, especially ure daughter!!

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Arthritis demands change from us; if you keep doing what you're doing and you will keep feeling what you're feeling. My arthritis began just over a year after I started my own little business, as it progressed I changed what I did and how I did it but gave up after sixteen years because I could no longer do my work with any enjoyment and enthusiasm, thanks to pain. I realise that I am fortunate in that my husband works and can afford to support us, it must be very difficult if you are the only wage-earner. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • celebrationb
    Options
    it can be hard because we are both working in the business. We are making changes as most as we can. Also we love our business so much, smiles on people faces when thy see our product.
    My knee has been giving me a lot od discomfort and is swellon a bit.
    not pushing myself and Hubby very good too.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Arthritis demands change from us; if you keep doing what you're doing and you will keep feeling what you're feeling.

As usual DD has hit the nail on the head. I guess the pleasure you derive from your work has to be balanced against the pain that results. There are never easy answers, I'm afraid.
    Steven Wright