Spots!!

Options
beckie89
beckie89 Member Posts: 46
edited 24. Feb 2014, 12:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well! :)

So I've been on Sulfa for about 2 months now, I've been having my 2 weekly blood tests, and I'm due to see my consultant on 03rd March, so fingers crossed all goes well!

Anyway, one thing I have noticed is the ridiculous about of spots I'm getting, I never suffered from ache as a teenager, I'm now 24 and have more than ever! They're even in places I didn't know you could get spots lol!

Just really wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this whilst on sulfa :)

Thanks,

Bex x
<3 *Beckie* <3

Comments

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Member Posts: 28
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I had this when I first started meth, I put it down to the drugs dampening down your immune system. I have been on sulfa in the past & didn't notice this as a side effect - not doing it's job well enough hence the reason for next step drugs!
    I'd take it as a sign the sulfa is doing it's job, speak to your docs for skincare advice they maybe able to advise a face & body wash that may help. I have noticed since I started taking Humira as well I've developed allergies to all sorts of things! - dogs, cats, some skincare products
    Hope you are feeling the benefits from the sulfa!
    take care
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Hey
    I think it can happen on these meds. Hopefully it will settle down :)
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    Options
    Yes and a common side effect. Usually when your body gets used to the new drug and it's interactions the acne goes away. Meanwhile clean your skin 3 times per day with plain soap and try not to use any harsh (chemical laiden) moisturizers, PH balancers, or other skin products.