Advice appreciated.

wasterspace
wasterspace Member Posts: 4
Hi!
I just need a little advice if possible.
I've a lot of things going on right now. I am always tired and currently taking 40mg twice daily of Propranol for fast heart rate/missed beats and dizzyness, and omeprazole for acid indigestion. My doc reckons it's anxiety, but I have loads of other symptoms that haven't been addressed. Thyroid tests came back normal.
I've had various bouts of joint pain along with carpal tunnel syndrome which I've had for about three years. I never had anything much wrong with me until I had some sort of bronchitis or pneumonia (docs couldnt seem to agreebwhat it was) shortly before the carpal diagnosis.
The last week or so, I've had various joint pain keeping me awake at night. Last night was the biggie! I had to go to bed at ten because the dizziness and tiredness was so bad and my knees had turned to sponge, but once there my joints started to ache and burn. Knees, feet, toes, elbows (elbows normally hurt anyway) neck, hands, shoulders and hips! I was on fire all night. Today, I still have the spongy knees and dizzier than ever.
My doc's appointment was rearranged for next Wednesday so I don't know whether to hang on or go to avwalk in centre. Anyb advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there

I am a member of the forum. I cannot diagnose of course but I wondered if you may like to read about Reactive Arthritis, if you have not done so already and see if you think there may be some connection regarding your symptoms.

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/AboutArthritis/Conditions/

I hope you find some answers when you see your GP later in the week or if symptoms continue to be quite unbearable perhaps going to a walk in centre may be a good idea..

I read that possible side effects of propranolol can cause dizziness and tiredness.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    I'm sorry I'm not a doc either so cant really help but if your joints are really giving you a problem I would ask your GP for a referral to the hospital.
    Not sure about the rest of the symptons

Love
    Hileena
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi

Thank you for your posting. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling so unwell and this has prevented you from sleeping. It is positive that you have an appointment to see your GP so that your symptoms can be investigated thoroughly. We are not medically trained so cannot advise on symptoms you are having but if you feel that you need medical advice more quickly than this then going to a walk in centre sounds appropriate. It may be helpful to have some information about what arthritis is and the main types. You can access this on the link to Arthritis Research UK’s information on http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/arthritis.aspx

Other information that may be helpful to you is our ‘Coping with pain’ booklet that talks about pain management. You can access this on the link http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/Copingwithpainbooklet2013.pdf

I would also like to encourage you to call us here on our Freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 4050 (10am – 4pm weekdays) where you can talk things through with one of our helpline team.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn