OA Gout and Diabetes - an Update

Options
PollySid
PollySid Member Posts: 343
edited 25. Feb 2014, 13:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, you probably don't remember me as I haven't been around since last August.
Nothing nasty happened to me, just the opposite in fact. I have been enjoying a new lease of life since the Gout and Diabetes was diagnosed.
First thing is the gout tablets are little miracle workers. My husband has said that he is happy to have his wife back. :D
Most of the intermittent pain I used to get is less painful, it really explains to me why the 'arthritis' moved about so much (it was more of the Gout).
With the tablets, change of diet and weight loss I am now walking without a stick for the first time in 3 years and able to get about much easier than I could. I still take Coco's and Gabapentin. I tried reducing them more, but found the level I am on controls the nerve pain from my spinal problems, so stayed on the same dosage.
I am controlling the Diabetes with diet and have lost 2 stone in weight due to not being able to eat sugary things and not too much carb. My sugar level has gone down to less than it was 2 years ago and my blood pressure lower than over 20 years ago :o
My view is that I was just eating a load of rubbish, which is why my body couldn't cope, but the nurse said I will always have the label of diabetic now.
I am so pleased I asked my doctor to check for any inflammatory markers in my bloodtest. Luckily :? I had the gout attack in my shoulder around that time so it showed up well.
Now I see that Atos are 'retiring' :D Things just get better :lol:

Comments

• sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Pleased things are going well for you. Good for you :)
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad things have got better for you PollySid, lets hope it continues...................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good news. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Excellent news, PollySid, and well done on the weight loss. That's a great achievement. I hope things stay this good :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Pollysid of course I remember you
    What a lovely post it has made my day reading it.. :D
    What a difference the gout meds have made to you...but not just that you really have helped yourself with the weight loss not easy I know.. :roll:
    Good Luck for the future... :lol: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I know how lucky I am to have this improvement. xxx