My Aunt Sent me Flowers.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 11. Mar 2014, 10:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
And she did, bless her, because tomorrow is one of the more difficult days of my life. It is not a case of it could be or it might be, it will be: end of.

Tomorrow is my birthday and it will be the first one without Ma. I am doing the 'year of firsts' (as many have and many have yet to do) but somehow this feels more discombobulating than her birthday, the May and August Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year's Eve. I think I know why.

Her birthday was her personal day, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year's Eve are generally celebrated but tomorrow? That's the day that - well, I'm sure you mums understand. So, my aunt (her younger sister) sent me flowers and we both had a little weep on the 'phone before we shaped up. :|

Another difficult day beckons but it will pass because all days do, even the better ones. It's life as we know it, Jim. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Will be thinking of you and sending loving , positive vibes .
    Jillyb
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow. It will be hard. As you say ...it will pass :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    What a lovely aunt you have. If you can try to spend more time with her. I'm sure she has lots of childhood stories to share and cheer you both up. Good memories are priceless and will never go away.

We will all lose our parents someday, knowing that should prepare us, but it doesn't. It is the natural order of things. My heart goes out to you. I suspect it will get easier over time, at least that's what every one says. Remember her, that is the best legacy anyone can leave.
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    It's hard, DD. I can remember my own birthday, two weeks after my mum died, nearly forty years ago now. Nothing seemed the same. It would have been my mum's birthday two weeks ago and she has been on my mind and in my heart very much lately. On the day, I bought some flowers in her favourite colour. Every time I looked at them I thought of her and found it strangely comforting.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Take care.

Meg
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    It's so difficult, many of us know exactly how you feel. Personally, Mother's Day is always the worst for me, I hate the fact that I don't have my mum to give a card to; whilst trying to appreciate the love our daughters show to me. It's 10 years since I lost my mum, and Mother's Day still gets to me. The other particularly bad time recently, was when our granddaughter was born - how my mum would have loved seeing her, and seeing me become a nanny! But, ever onward, as they say!
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Thinking of you , lost my mum when I was 20 ; 39 years ago and still miss her now but it does get better .
    mamasmurf
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for understanding. Today went better than I was expecting but it still had the occasional jolt of remembrance - that is how it should be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    An hard year indeed...how lovely of your Aunt to think of you ..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so sorry I missed your birthday DD, I remember when my OH had his 1st birthday without his parents. We just had a quiet day and sat on their bench (we brought their favourite bench back from their house and I had a plaque done for it and it says 'remembering Mom & Dad' on it) for a while. It was actually a nice personal day. It was a lovely touching thing your aunt did with sending you flowers.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    DD I'm very sorry I wasn't online to see this & to send you some virtual support ... Please always feel free to contact me privately tho if things are tough for you!! I have my 1st without my Dad looming at the beginning of May, I'm hoping I won't mind too much!!

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x