Happy Birthday Dreamdaisy

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 15. Mar 2014, 06:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just relax and do whatever you (a)feel like and (b)can :wink: I hope you and the lovely Mr DD have a great day together. Even a one-armed bandit can raise a glass - or two. Have fun :D

So I looked back and realised I'd omitted the word 'do', inserted it and then found it came up as edited. A birthday thread, edited :o Now I've edited it again so it'll come up as edited twice. Oh Gawd! Sorry, DD. It's early. happy birthday despite my efforts :oops:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many happy returns, DD. Hope you have a lovely day.

Meg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Happy birthday DD,hope you have a great day,happy thoughts from the Mig family.(((()))) Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    DD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR D-D.....!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :D

t3304.gif

Love from

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Happy Birthday DD I hope the sun is shining for you as it is here, hope you have a lovely day...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DD
    I know in one way it will be a sad day as well........hope Mr DD takes you out somewhere tonight
    :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    t3305.gif

Happy birthday DD. Hope you have a lovely day.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY DD..hope you manged to have a lovely day xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Have a good day , DD , and allow Mr DD to pamper you .
    mamasmurf ( formerly known as jillyb1 )
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi Dreamdaisy. Many Happy Returns! Hope you manage to do something joyful and it is not too difficult for you.
    Fionabee
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dream Daisy

All best wishes and hope you have a lovely day.

Mod B and all the mod team
    t3362.gif
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I too wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I hope you're able to enjoy your day :D

Many happy returns
    Numpty
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,155
    Options
    Wishing you a good day today. :)

animated%20small%20yellow%20rose%20flower2.gifanimated%20small%20yellow%20rose%20flower2.gifanimated%20small%20yellow%20rose%20flower2.gif
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    Wishing you a very happy birthday DreamDaisy. :D

Sending hugs

kathleenT xxx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Happy birthday from me too, Dreamdaisy. May the year ahead be easier than the last year for you. Have a super day!

Susie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    No DD hope its because she is having a lovely day doing whatever... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Happy Birthday DD. Wishing you lots of happiness for the coming year :)

Catie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my word, thank you! Thank you everyone, you are all very kind to take the time to wish me a Happy Birthday - I am very pleased to confirm that I have had a wonderful day despite the occasional short blast of sadness because the woman responsible for the hag who is DD was not around to share it. The day got off to a cracking start. :D

I got up around 7.15 and wandered out to the kitchen to make tea. He was up already and said he would do it and bring it through. He did and we opened my cards and gifts sent by very kind friends. My 'flowery' aunt also sent me a rather swish scarf, bless her. He then got out of bed and wandered off, I thought he was off to get the papers or check emails but no, he came back with a very large black plastic bag saying 'I couldn't wrap this up.'

No wonder.

It was my cow's head! We saw this wondrous thing on the day I broke my arm, I have been wanting to return to the shop to buy it (he liked it too) but somehow the time was never right (plus I cannot drive). He went into town yesterday and, unusually, took the car but I thought that was because he was tired. Nope, he had a cow to hide! :lol:

She's a Friesian, unlike most animal heads that stare straight out from the wall she is looking to the left which is why I was so smitten. Where she is positioned she is looking over the hob as if to monitor one's cooking - she is lovely and is called Moo. (She was christened Moo when I left the shop on that fateful day.)

I am better than a happy Daisy - I am a contented one. We went out for lunch and I wore my favourite earrings (from him), a necklace which Ma 'bought' me on New Year's Eve 2013 plus the solid silver bangle she bought me for Christmas 2002, five months after Pa died. My Aunt's flowers are beautiful so, all in all, it has been a very good day. Better than I expected in some ways, just as I expected in others.

Once again, my thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I may not be around too much tomorrow because it's his birthday plus we may be going to a friend's funeral. Hey-ho, life trundles on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,155
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It was my cow's head!

As birthday presents go, had you polled for guesses on what you had had, that is definitely in the 'rumpelstiltskin' category - a long way after the first few 1000 obvious choices! :lol: As it's what you wanted, then jolly good. :D

That does sound like a good day to me. The sniffles didn't spoil it & the emotional mix was ok, that sounds like a result. All the best for tomorrow, another emotional mix, hope it all works out.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Happy Birthday DD hope you have had a great day :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sounds like a really good day DD. Wonderful. Just hope Mr DD's birthday can be a reasonable one despite the funeral.
    Christine
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Very happy birthday, DD and to Mr. DD. Glad you got your Dreammoo.

Everyone should have a contented Moo's head to keep them happy.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wandered into the kitchen this morning to make the birthday boy a cup of coffee and grinned like a loon at Moo. We are going to re-hang her today, she needs to be a little higher than her current position because the bottom of her neck hangs a little below the wall above the window. She is in the best position in the kitchen, that's for sure - plus we can't envisage her anywhere else. She is deffo a kitchen cow. :)

I will go and re-read Toady's excellent guide to posting pics to see if I can manage to post one of her - I bet you'll all grin if I am successful! Of the course the forum will be down for the next couple of days so watch this space come Friday. Yours in hope, DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Silvertortoise
    Silvertortoise Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Happy birthday dreamdaisy
    Sorry i am late!,,,
    I hope you had a lovely day!,,,,
    :D
    Xxxx
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Glad you had a good day and wishing Mr DD a lovely day too .
    mamasmurf
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sorry i am late. Happy birthday DD,

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein