Home Delivery of Anti TNF Treatment

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My delivery has been rescheduled as I requested. It merely took three unacknowledged emails and 40 minutes (distributed over a number of days on hold for no reason) but it has been done. I was informed on two home answerphone messages (we have tried to contact you but, alas, you are not answering your phone) that if I need to get in contact then I can email or ring for a faster response . . . . . and the moon is indeed made of cheese. :lol:

I told them the dates that I would be away so why tell me that I was not answering my phone? :? No matter, the drug that keeps my bloods looking good will be delivered a week today - hurrah! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Linda so glad you got sorted ..its kind of you to share the info about ringing the Rheumy...what a palaver...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Bioluminescence
    Bioluminescence Member Posts: 42
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    My delivery has been rescheduled as I requested. It merely took three unacknowledged emails and 40 minutes (distributed over a number of days on hold for no reason) but it has been done. I was informed on two home answerphone messages (we have tried to contact you but, alas, you are not answering your phone) that if I need to get in contact then I can email or ring for a faster response . . . . . and the moon is indeed made of cheese. :lol:

I told them the dates that I would be away so why tell me that I was not answering my phone? :? No matter, the drug that keeps my bloods looking good will be delivered a week today - hurrah! DD

What an efficient system they have!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    lindalegs wrote:
    toady wrote:
    ....................Lindalegs glad enbrel is so whizzy for you :) , how are you not having to take mtx alongside if you don't mind my asking.. keep hoping to get them to cut mine down but they are jibbing.

Hi Toady,

I used to take Mtx but after putting up with headaches and sickness for a long time my Rheumy decided I should try Enbrel instead. I was never offered the two together. Perhaps because I've been a rheumatoid for nearly 28 years my disease isn't raging as some peoples tends to do in the earlier years. I still need something like a Dmard or Anti TNF because without it my joints will become 'not nice' but I just don't need the cocktail of meds like others.

So, in short, it might depend on how long you've had your arthur and how active it is.

Anyway I promise that I shan't come knocking on your door in the early hours as I wouldn't want a scary sight!!! :shock: :wink::lol:

Love,

My mtx stopped last year so no longer take it with my Humira. They usually work in combination.I have had an increase in pain so might be put back on though.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,396
    Hello Dreamdaisy, Barbara, Bioluminesence and Elizabeth,

I won't bother emailing then if I have problems with my next delivery, so thanks for the tip Dreamdaisy.

It helps so much to share our experiences. I have another friend no who is out of injections and they've let her down on her delivery date :roll: The trouble is we lose all trust in what used to be a very good system. :(

Sorry your pain has increased Elizabeth, I hope the cocktail of meds helps.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    I have to resume battle - my sharps bin is full to bursting and they didn't mention delivering a new one in their message despite my requesting collection and delivery of said item. This Wednesday will be my first meth delivery from Alcura: joy-of-joys they have an 0800 number but they deal separately with sharps bins. Ye gods. DD
  • lindalegs
    Bureaucracy at its finest :roll: :lol:

Hope the delivery from Alcura works out :|

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I had a call when we were away to arrange next delivery so now I have to call them ! Wish me luck. Mig
  • lindalegs
    Good luck Mig m1272.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    I had a phone call this morning (Sunday) from HaH to
    arrange for my next delivery of humira and yellow box;
    still no problems with this firm.
  • lindalegs
    Glad to hear its still alright in some parts of the country Ichabod. k010.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • mig
    Well can't get through on phone so far but I've only been trying since 8 o'clock this morning,it's either music or engaged tone,have also sent e-mail .
    I've just injected this morning and have one left so it's not urgent ,I will keep on trying though. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Keep emailing, Mig, it saves a deal of time and money - those phone lines are a rip-off. I am sure my emails prompted their calling me (I kept reminding them of the number I had sent and pointing out that businesses tend to run better when clients are able to get in touch with relative ease :wink: ). Ichabod? You are fortunate and I hope that lasts. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    mig wrote:
    Well can't get through on phone so far but I've only been trying since 8 o'clock this morning,it's either music or engaged tone,have also sent e-mail .
    I've just injected this morning and have one left so it's not urgent ,I will keep on trying though. Mig

You need the magic 0800 number kindly provided by Salamander. they picked up straight away when I called them after failing to answer my calls on the advertised number.

Not sure if I can put it out on the forum.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    Sent e-mail asking if their phone system was down.
    You can always pm me tkahev . Mig
  • mig
    No response from hah yet. Mig
  • lindalegs
    HaH are so rubbish now. Hope you hear soon Mig. If it gets urgent you could try ringing your Rheumy Nurse.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    I've given up with HaH, I shall find out if I can purchase a sharps bin from the chemist.

I'm currently on hold with NPower, I need to finally close and pay off my late Ma's accounts. Estimated wait time for an answer? 45 minutes. At least it's an 0800 number. I want this sorted once and for all, they have mucked me around so much with setting up a dual fuel account for a dead woman and sending me red bills for amounts I've already paid. Twerps. DD
  • lindalegs
    Your GPs surgery might supply you with a sharps bin Dreamdaisy, I was told this by my friend who works in a doctor's surgery. It might be worth asking just in case.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes dream daisy
    like linda legs i was able to get sharps bin from doctors surgery
    for methotrexate injections.
    when i got delivery from HaH last week they supplied me with my first
    Humira 8 weeks supply and a sharps bin for them.
    worth asking at surgery .
    mike26..
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, Legs and Mike, for that useful information, I will ring my surgery today and see what's what. I have to wait in today for my meth (and sort out a new sharps with them, apparently a different company deals with that bit) and wait again on Friday for the HaH nonsense. I know that I can put my humira pens in my meth bin but not vice-versa because of the very nasty nature of meth. Oh wot larks, Pip, wot larks. I am currently finding the whole malarkey very frustrating! :lol: DD
  • lindalegs
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have to wait in today for my meth............. and wait again on Friday for the HaH nonsense. DD

It is such a good job none of us with arthur have lives! :roll: :wink::lol:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Thanks for that dreamdaisy
    i didnt know about mixing the sharps, Methotrexate and Humira
    together ill make sure i keep them separate.
    mike26 :?
  • mig
    Just had a call to arrange my next delivery ,will be next wednesday,only took 6 emails ,gave up on the phone after DD told me about the cost ,will check numbers in future.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Mike? In an ideal world ( :lol: ) of course they would be separate but, because we live in the real one there are rules. As my rheumatology nurse once explained to me meth is a bio-hazard whereas humira is not (ya think? :lol: ) this is why I can, if needed, put my humira pens in my meth sharps but NOT the other way around. I suppose the meth sharps are disposed in a different way to the ordinary sharps.

It strikes me I really should start thinking about going to medical college. :wink: DD