Pancakes

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 7. Mar 2014, 15:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Pancake day on 4th March(Tuesday) How do you like yours?

I like mine with lots of sugar and lemon juice. Cant eat more than two at a time though. :lol:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh is it here already..always make me think that spring is around the corner :D ..Ron I'm the same sugar and lemon juice..my GC come up with all sorts of concoctions.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,131
    Options
    Haven't made any for a long time but it used to be golden syrup & sugar for me.. have never had lemon juice with mine, call me a renegade (or just peculiar) :D
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Yaaay, it's pancake day. I always have just sugar but have tried bananas with honey or chicken with white sauce. Think I'll try lemon juice with my sugar today.
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    My mum always used to make them with tinned, mandarin orange segments, then we would pour the juice from the tin over them, mmmmmm :D
    Nowadays, I like fresh lemon juice and sugar, can't wait :lol:
    Numpty
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Options
    We have to make them for our daughters - both have left home, both settled with other halves, both come home for pancakes (with their other halves!)!! So, some of us have them with lemon juice and sugar, some have chocolate sauce; some have ice cream; sometimes we have fruit pie filling and ice cream! When our girls were teenagers, they used to have sleepovers, when we would have to make pancakes with the above various fillings, for breakfast!! Indeed, when they were kids, and we went away with extended family, all the kids would decend on our chalet for pancake breakfast - complete with ice cream! They all still chat about it now, many years later!!!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hang my head in shame ,I brought mine ,chocolate chip pancakes we are having them with forest fruits and chocolate chip ice cream. Mig
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Yes ron
    no sugar for me, :? but do like lemon juice on them :P
    Spring is on its way 8)
    mike26..
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Coming from Scotland we tend to make the small scotch pancakes hot of the griddle with lashings of butter then fried with a full monty breakfast the next morning................... yum yum xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    word has it you can get really nice ones is Waitrose, whats really good is my nipper works there and get's a discount so we live high on the hog these days only down side is I'm now as big as Barry White, just call me the white luv walrus,

(Said in a gruff voice) I feel a song comin on! :roll:

"HI believe hin miracles
    Where hue from hue sexy thang hue (sexy thang u)
    HI believe hin miracles
    Since hue came halong yo sexy thang hue!"

Oh yes I still got it! :mrgreen:
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    I don't like shop bought ones to be honest. Though I have bought the odd one in a restaurant. Never the same as home made ones though.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Always knew hue could sing Mell,I'm all a flutter. Mig
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oooooh errrrr mig! :oops: :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    word has it you can get really nice ones is Waitrose, whats really good is my nipper works there and get's a discount so we live high on the hog these days only down side is I'm now as big as Barry White, just call me the white luv walrus,

(Said in a gruff voice) I feel a song comin on! :roll:

"HI believe hin miracles
    Where hue from hue sexy thang hue (sexy thang u)
    HI believe hin miracles
    Since hue came halong yo sexy thang hue!"

Oh yes I still got it! :mrgreen:
    Its called being greedy...hue mad begger...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    What really worried me was I cooked chicken casserole and it smelt a bit like a wet dog, that said it tasted OK, also had two pancakes Barbara so I'm stuffed to the gills alright, hey and I know this is random but why do dogs feet smell like popcorn?. Well our Ozzy's do how strange is that?. :lol:

Hey I've also had a name change, coz I can't sing for toffee I'm now going to be called Barry s***e! :oops: I hope the MOD's have a sense of humour!. :mrgreen:

o050.gif
    [Mod B]
  • applerose
    Options
    :lol::lol: @ Mellman.
    Christine
  • mellman01
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't help myself!, casserole was nice and obviously safe as were still here, my nippers finishing it off tonight not sure what were having probably stir fry to make up for the pancakes we had last night burp!. :oops:
  • applerose
    Options
    My daughter found a healthy alternative to the normal pancakes. It's just 1 banana and 2 eggs whisked together. I haven't tried them yet but she said they taste nice but fall apart easily. I think it sounds like a banana omlette. :lol:
    Christine
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Christine
    One of the members of my Slimming world group was talking about these
    she said they were nice but need some sweetener /sugar or they taste a bit eggy. have never tried them myself.
    Stay positive always👍xx