Proud Mum but paying for it today!

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 4. Mar 2014, 11:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Well I'm going to have a 'proud Mum' moment! Yesterday our youngest daughter Sarah got confirmation of her place at the local Grammar school. It's the same school her sisters went to and they both loved it. We knew she had secured a Grammar place after we got the results from the 11+ ( she was ranked 4th! ) but it was such a relief to actually get the letter and see the confirmation. She is also lucky in the fact that her 2 best friends have also got places there.

So last night we took her out for dinner - it was only the 3rd time I'd been out since my hysterectomy 4 weeks ago. We had a lovely meal and such a good time with the girls but when I got up from the table I felt awful! I could hardly walk even with my crutches and I don't know how I got to the car. When we got home I went straight to bed and slept nearly 12 hours straight. I've managed to get up and have a shower but now I'm shattered again. I can't decide which is worse the arthritic aches or the Fibro aches. Both are pretty bad. Or is it my body telling me I'm still recovering from the surgery?

So I think I'm going to be heading back to bed in a bit with painkillers.

Oh well it was worth it!!

Love Kate xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kate
    Your daughter getting her place at Grammar school is brilliant news..you did well there ,and I am sure she appreciate your effort..hope you are now in the land of nod..its well deserved.... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done to your daughter,I'm a proud grannie my granddaughter got the place she wanted at a girls high school. Mig
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well done Kate. Both my girls passed the 12 + and attended a lovely school in Bucks. I'm sure your daughter will do very well and have a lovely time,

Glad you had a lovely celebratory meal.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Thanks Elizabeth and Mig for your kind words. We are so lucky that we live in Warwickshire as there aren't many Grammar schools left nowadays. I hope that Sarah will enjoy the experience I know her sisters did .

Love Kate xx