Quick update

joon51
joon51 Member Posts: 221
edited 6. Mar 2014, 13:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Haven't posted for a while so I thought I would give you an update
Having been off mtx since last May and only been on hydroxy since I had a visit with the Rheumy nurse six weeks ago she asked how I was and I said I was more achy and my hands elbows shoulders and knees were hurting more than usual and I had questioned her about the shape of my fingers, she then suggested I try leflunomide I had a steroid jab and told me to think about it and return in six weeks. I saw her yesterday and decided to start on the leflunomide going back in another six weeks to see how I am coping on it.

Take Care June xx

Comments

• joon51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Der brain fog should have put on lwa sorry x

[Mod Edit: Moved to LWA :)
    mod B]
  • joon51
    Thank you mods xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello joon its good to hear from you, but sorry you are suffering, I know nothing of these meds, but I do wish you well with them, and please let us know how you get on with it xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    I hope the lef helps, June.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joon51
    Thanks Barbara and sticky I count myself very lucky when I read some of the suffering on here. I like to post now and again to let newbies know that sometimes things can get a lot better I am not saying I am 100% I am nowhere near but i still manage my work load and I have a good Rheumy team behind me. I did think that once I started to feel better I could come off all meds no no no it was the meds doing what they were supposed to do where I had given up the mtx I noticed my fingers were altering shape hence going on the lef.

Take care junexx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's lovely to hear from you again and I am pleased that, overall, you are not doing too badly one way and another. I hope that the lef soon kicks in to ease those aches, yes?

The forum is a valuable resource but it is somewhat loaded on the more 'negative' side of things because those who are doing OK don't regularly post; why would they? We're not needed if all is going well! :lol: Good luck, joon51, I hope the better times return and soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben