Chest Pain

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 18. Mar 2014, 14:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have today been experiencing some chest pain,more when I breath in just under where it dips under your neck,around where you would do compressions with CPR(Sorry best I could explain where it is).Is this normal or should I be checking it out as I am sure I've had it before and goes after a few days.Does anyone else experience this?

Comments

• DaveOB
    DaveOB Member Posts: 39
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I had something called Costochondritis which I think can be linked. Not worth taking risks with chest pain though, get it checked
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I remember pulling my intercostal muscles when I turned our heavy mattress as a solo effort (oh, those were the days, now I cannot even fit the fourth corner of a fitted sheet. :lol: ) and time sorted them out. Have you done anything similar recently? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    No but I'm sure I've had it a couple of times before but not really taken too much notice as it subsided but it's been a few times now.I think I will GP to see what is going on but I guarantee if he sends for a chest x-ray it will be cleared up by then(as per usual).
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I have been doing a bit of research (like we do sometimes) and have come up with a possibility that I might put to my GP which is Enthesitis.It sounds like a good possibility and will have a chat with my GP about this as I have had this a few times now.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello shandy glad to see you are going to your GP with this...its surprising what we come up with on the net..please let us know how you get on..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I too have had bouts of costochondritis which is painful and scary ; you are definitely doing the right thing getting it checked out .
    mamasmurf
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I have just got back from my GP and it seems I have a chest infection and have been given antibiotics and been advised to not take my Methotrexate for this week.It seems yet another thing to add to my list it's getting quite long these days :?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah - your GP is correct (well, he agrees with the advice my hospital has always given me about stopping the immune-suppressants when on anti-bios). It makes sense, how can you get better if you keep the immune system suppressed? We do fall ill from time to time because that's life. OK, it is a little more complicated for us because we don't produce symptoms as quickly as others but at least you now know what's what. I hope you feel better soon. DD
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Thankyou I was wondering at first if I had got it from a toddler at Birmingham Childrens Hospital on Monday as one of mine had an op and the child was in the next cubicle coughing and crying all nite keeping me awake but I suppose I could of got it anywhere,like you say we can pick things up more easily.I think right now I just feel constantly ill and I hate it but I am sure things will get more normal as best as normal can be soon.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, sympathise with feeling ill way too often. At least you have the antibiotics onboard-they usually start kicking in after a couple of days, so hopefully you'll be feeling the benefit by the beginning of next week.

Deb x

PS, hope your little one is feeling better too.
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    It seems back to my doc I will have to go as I have finished my antibiotics and the problem is still there.I still wonder if there is a question mark over the fact that I still wonder if it is Anklosing Spondilitis.I guess maybe my GP will do x-rays now as the next step.I have physio in the morning so I will have to ring my GP when I get home to see what plan B is.
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I suffer from Costochondritis which is linked to RA.
    It can be very painful and does cause an amount off stress.
    But it doesn't sound like you have this as the pain would be agony and all the time.

Best to check with your GP, you have might have an infection or just pulled something.
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I was at my GP's again yesterday and it seems I have inflammation of my chest and it's very painful on my chest bone and all I can do is take pain killers as I am already taking inflammatory's.I have to wait for it to clear up by itself it has now been 2 weeks already so I will go back in another week if it's still the same as it is also effecting the back part of my chest also.I hope it clears up soon as it is very painful at times.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It may be best to stay off the immuno-suppressants so that your body can help clear itself. When we get an infection it can become very deep-rooted before we are aware that we are ill, simply because we do not produce symptoms as easily as those whose bodies work properly. DD
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I skipped my Methotrexate last week as I was on antibiotics because they thought I had an infection but I restarted it again yesterday.I think if it has not cleared up next week I best skip like you say thank you.