Hello Aganiafer AGES back for an answer.

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 15. Mar 2014, 06:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone I have been away over a year :oops:After my last scan result, I felt unsure of everything to do with my health.
I have been a lot better, but the last few weeks I seem to be having a flare and the pain in all my joints is bad as well as the stiffness in my back. I'm so tired and although I don't work, the housework and ironing are on top of me and I feel bad about that. My husband is great and does a lot, as well as giving me support.
He has just started insulin for his diabetes, and I feel I should do more. I want to spend the day in bed,. but the dust is begining to show and the ironing is growing! I feel like crying when I look around. I am seeing my supportive GP on Monday

My last scan December 2012, showed damage from inflammatory arthritis, in my lumber spin and thorac spine but not, then actively inflamed, pain was from the damage done before, but not the scaroiliac joints they showed nothing, which is good at the bottom of my back. I carry the AS gene, and my mother had AS for most of a teenager and then suddenly, after an injury, badly.
Thanks for listening. Sorry for being away. Love Sue.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We're still here, Woodbon, it's nice to hear from you again and I am sorry that things are tough for you at the moment. I have learned over my degeneration to ignore what cannot be addressed - if it upsets others then, as far as I'm concerned, they can get on and remedy matters. :wink:

You asked for an answer but I am not sure what the question is - mind you many questions people ask on here can't be answered anyway, 'tis the nature of the arthritis beast. I wish you well and I hope your GP can help on Monday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello again, Sue. I'm sorry things aren't too good for you right now. I'm sorry, I can't remember if you have a rheumatologist :oops: If so, a visit might be on the cards. If not, maybe your GP could help out. You do sound very down.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment. I hope you had a useful appointment today :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey sue, I'm so sorry you have had such a hard time, I'm also having a nasty flare up at the moment so I know how you feel with the flare but with everything else going on it must be twice as horrible. Hope you get some relief soon. I hope your G.P was some help.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sue its lovely to hear from you, only so sorry you are suffering, this blinking disease doesn't know when to stop... :roll: Im the same with my hubby he has bad knees...so you are not on your own..its just the way things go but doesn't stop us feeling guilty... :) I think you need to get it all out and dont forget we are always here to listen...((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello again, we're eight days further on, how are things now? I hope you are as OK as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben