Today was lovely, sunny, warm and . . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 15. Mar 2014, 09:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
. . . . . pain-filled to an unreasonable degree. I've spent the day in bed because the option of getting up and moving around was just too much to ask.

Sometimes it all gets too much, yes? Currently I've had enough of Living with Arthritis but, hopefully, my resting will pay off and tomorrow may be a better one. Yeah, right. :lol: Dream on, Daisy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes dd they say its gonna be a good week for whether
    hope you start feeling better soon.
    hows your arm dd,
    best wishes mike26..
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Hope the rest will help you feel a bit better. And that the sunshine will still be there tomorrow for you.
    Fortuna
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Oh dear DD :( , hope the resting pays dividends, and that tomorrow is a better one for you.

Deb x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD ..your dreams can keep you going in times like this, hang in there ..then come summer you can out in to your new garden..have a good rest xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,180
    Options
    It's a double sickener isn't it, feeling grotty + lovely day out there :( haven't exactly felt like singing 'oh what a beautiful morning' myself today, I'll join you a few dark mutterings if I may. Hope your resting pays off & tomorrow is indeed a better one. :)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sometimes its the only thing to be done. Today was a complete rest day for me too. And now it's time for more sleep.

Feel better soon.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh DD
    I can sympathise......hospital visit because of THR and also the fracture and sometime during the day......don't know how or when :( I either pulled a muscle {opposite side to THR} or bruised a rib or something similar........regardless its absolute agony and I'm finding it impossible to use the crutches.
    Hope you feel a bit better today :D
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good morning (it isn't :wink: ) everyone and thank you for your messages. Things are a little easier today but still far from better so another quiet day beckons. Hoorah. :roll:

We have no hot water in our main bathroom so I shall explore the other en-suite which lacks both a shower curtain and the fittings for the same. I daresay I will make a mess :D but care not because I need cleaning. I have taken the cocos and am waiting for them to blunt the sharper edges before I go a-wandering into pastures new. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Oh dear! Not an ideal start to the weekend.

May I recommend the rugby this afternoon? That will allow some pleasant not-doing-much time and, if you are unbathed, you'll be ideal scrum material. Get in there :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    I hope your pain eases for you soon. you have enough as it is to cope with.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you managed to get your hot water situation sorted out and you are feeling a bit better. Sun is out here at last but HOT it's NOT :o xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Sorry DD hope you are feeling better. I have had enough of this arthritis lark too. Would love if it let up.
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better DD. Tomorrow, if it is sunny maybe take a leaf from my good friend's book, chair outside, duvet wrapped around you, cup of tea (of flagon of wine) to hand and a good book. That's the halfway house between resting in bed and enjoying the sunshine. Take care of yourself DD. LV (((((()))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    how are you today I hope your pain has had a telling off.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi DD, how are you doing?
    I notice you haven't been around much recently, I hope that's not because you've taken a turn for the worse! :?
    Keep your pecker up me duck :wink:
    Take care, you're in my thoughts, ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I missed out on Sundays lovely sunshine because I had the mother of all migraines on top of this flare up so couldn't get out of bed! I managed to catch a few rays yesterday with my furry babies which was nice. I'm still struggling with the flare which has got a hold. Hope you are getting a little relief today DD and your day may be a little brighter . My plans are have a little catch up on my laptop then lunchtime turn off have some lunch and get comfy as can be on settee and catch up on telly what's been recorded on sky then a little snooze before OH returns from work!!
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thought I would come and look for you DD..you have gone to quiet..hope you are just having a rest from everything ..if not ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Take care from me too, DD. You are around so often, obviously we worry when you're gone.
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,180
    Options
    I did see DD post that she would be away for a few days (not the whys & wheres as I recall, maybe that was in another thread) so hopefully that's the only reason she isn't around. :)
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I saw that as well but I thought she was away and would be back by now
    Hope you are OK DD xx
    Love
    Hileena
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    DD is fine, having a few ( much needed, I'm sure) days away.
    The forum isn't the same without her, we all miss her words of wisdom. :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello! I went away but then saw sense and came home to the interweb and proper mobile phone reception. :wink: We had fab weather until today - it was very cold and foggy in Orford this morning.

We had a good four days away, we didn't go too far from home but enough to make a change (because the interweb and phone reception was difficult or none-existent). All went well until last night when I fell up three tiny steps. I now have an enormous right knee but at least I landed on carpet and didn't break an upper humerus. :lol:

It's good to be back. DD

PS My words of what? :? Numpty, are you back on the parsnip and pea wine? If so get in! :wink:
  • hileena111
    Options
    Oh DD
    What a thing to do when you have just had a few days away.....fall!!!
    Never mind I take it it's nothing serious
    Glad you had a break. :wink:
    Its very foggy here today and it was yesterday morning ...previous to that the weather was beautiful.
    I'll be away for a few days from Mon next week so......its good to have you back
    Love

Hlieena
  • barbara12
    Options
    DD so glad you got some time away...but sorry you had a fall..I seem to catch everything with my feet lately..I hope you can rest the leg ..and the interwed is back to full capacity..(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    What a shame your little break (not meant as a pun! :oops: ) was blighted by a fall. At least your back in the comfort of your home, you look after that knee hope it isn't causing much trouble. Have a good weekend.

P.S Numpty is right, you are the wise one! We should call you 'Oh Wise DD!!' :lol: