Allowed to drive again

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 13. Mar 2014, 07:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Well as some of you may know I had a total hysterectomy 4 and 1/2 weeks ago. Well I saw my Gynaecologist yesterday and he was very pleased with my progress. He told me that all my biopsies had come back benign thank goodness and signed me off. But best of all he said I could drive again YAYYY! So as soon ad I got home I rang my Rheumatologist's secretary ( she's on holiday until next week), then the ward where I have my Tocilizumab infusions ( they're not there til Monday!) and then my insurance. At least there was someone there to talk to me. After I explained the situation they confirmed I was covered to drive again. So I hobbled out to the car and it was such a lovely day I went topless -the car that is not me personally and I drove myself to....... The hospital! I went and got my bloods done so that when I get to speak to various members of my Rheumy's team I can say that blood work has been done and ask ever so politely can I go back on the infusions please? I don't think I stopped smiling all the way there and all the way back and I don't think I've ever been so pleased to be back behind the wheel again.

Love Kate xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aww Kate I am so pleased for you,and what a relief for you the biopsies being benign...now you enjoy driving in this lovely weather... :D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello Kate,

That's good news; I'm very happy for you.
    I had to surrender my licence after a stroke last
    year. The 12 month hiatus expires in a couple of months
    when I hope to get it back.
    In the meantime I'm happy to be chauffeured around by
    the Chief Fairy.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Brilliant news Kate, isn't it a lovely feeling getting behind the wheel again and the feeling of freedom, and congrats about the biopsies also good news.

ENJOY.........
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Options
    Good news about driving again, More independence and convenience for you - Well done :)
  • HannahT
    HannahT Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I can just see your happiness radiate through your post!

Glad that your results were clear. Hope you celebrated the good news.

Best wishes
    H