Pains in legs??

Options
smokeysmum
smokeysmum Member Posts: 8
edited 31. Mar 2014, 17:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm hoping someone will give me a bit of advice. I've recently been waking up at night with pains in my shins almost like a burning shin splint kind of pain? I've osteo arth in lower spine and my knee so i'm taking a lot of tablets for that,it just i'm wondering is this a progression of the disease? I checked a few sites and some suggested varicous veins but I can't see any! Just wondering should I even bother my doctor with this? :roll:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello I might not be much help, but I have had one hips replaces and have OA in my lumber, and I get shin pain in one leg when walking...its the leg I had my hip replaced but the physio thinks its coming form my back..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi,

I had pain in my shin from week 3 to week 7 post op (after my THR). Unlike Barbara who has the pain when walking, I had it when I was sitting or lying. I spoke to the surgeon about this last week and he said it was because of the swelling in my knee due to OA and nothing for me to worry about as I no longer have any pain.

I'm not a medical professional so I can't tell you if it is a progression of OA. Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

Sarah x
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hello
    I am experiencing lower let pain, calf or calf & shin, post TKR. Its mostly at the end of he day and is worse if I've done more.
    I never had pain like this before the op tho. Does yours respond to ankle waggling and foot rotating, mine does, which makes me think it is circulation related??
    Talk to your Gp, OA does progress unfortunately.
    Fionabee
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello Smokeysmum
    I have oa in my hip spine knees and feet I have aching from my hips to my feet it hurts more if I stand or walk to far.
    the doctor said my legs were aching because of having it in my spine.
    I take oramorph.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I had pain in my legs too, and I had arthritis in the facet joint at l4l5. I took gabapentin for nerve pain - it works pretty well.
  • Deborahp64
    Deborahp64 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I have osteoarthritis in my knees, my left is worse than the right and I often have pains in my shins and ankle too, I am assuming it's part of the condition xx