wax bath

Options
Settler
Settler Member Posts: 51
edited 12. Mar 2014, 03:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
i bought one have only used it twice an dit broke, :( anyway just wondered if anyone else had or has one and how they get on with it
Shirley

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have one, have had it for several years. It works fine, no problems, but does take an age to heat up.
    It does help, but only for a short time. I do like it though, it's nice to get some relief, albeit short lived :D
    It's good to use before doing hand exercises, loosens things up a bit :wink:
    I do think it would be worth getting yours fixed/replaced, every little helps.
    Numpty
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I made a DIY one with a slowcooker. You just have to be careful not to get the wax too hot :shock: . You can buy the wax chips by the bag. My experience was like Numpty's; takes forever to warm up and I found the wax cools off too quickly. Feels nice though.

I used hot packs and a heating pad now as I need the heat for longer to make any difference in pain and stiffness.
  • Settler
    Settler Member Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm returning mine , but I'm going to try a pan inset and seemingly shows you how on YouTube, can't be hard
    Shirley