Physio Appointment

Options
Sarah01
Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
edited 18. Mar 2014, 12:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening everyone,

Hope everyone is well tonight.

As some of you already know, I am nearly 9 weeks post op and still on crutches, well 1 inside and 2 outside. The swelling in my knee and hip has stopped me from doing the exercises I need to do to strengthen the leg after the THR.

I got a call from the physio dept and my first appointment is on Monday :) I can now walk upstairs without a crutch but have to use it to come down. I did a few more steps today without the crutch and I have a serious limp. I have looked on the net and this should go with the help of the physio. Needless to say I am not doing much at the moment as I don't want to overdo it before my first appointment. Has anyone else suffered with a limp after their THR???

On a sad note, I found out this week that my GP is retiring at the end of this month :(

I feel so sad as he has been through thick and thin with me and my hips and has been so supportive since day 1. He was a great doctor to my son too. I get to see him before he retires, so I am taking a thank you card in and a bottle of whiskey, will need to check with the surgery that he can accept a present. I'm hoping that my new GP at the surgery will be as fantastic as the one I am losing.

Sarah x

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    I hope the physio on Monday helps
    I'll answer your pm later this evening if that's OK

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sarah everyone's so different with these ops..I hope that Physio can help you..if you get a good one they are priceless..and sorry your GP is retiring..I had a lovely back man, and he retired I had only seen him twice but he was brilliant and very caring...
    Good luck I will be thinking about you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the good luck :)

Had my physio yesterday, leg muscles are very weak, all down to the swollen knee and groin. Physio wanted to know why the surgeon had not xrayed the knee, she is hoping he will do something next week when I see him. She taught me some exercises to do in bed and on the sofa. I'm back to see her on Friday and she is also booking me into a hip class they hold at the hospital every Thursday.

On a separate note, I managed to sleep in bed last night, the 1st night since I came home from hospital :) only woke up a couple of times which was a lot less than I what I was expecting to. So all good, will see how tonight goes too.

Hope you are both well.

Sarah x