Any such thing as this?

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 16. Mar 2014, 16:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
I find I sleep so much better on the sofa with my legs up on the arm so between my thighs and stomach, its 90 degrees and the same between under my thighs and my legs, its 90 degrees.

I've been trying to find a 'leg raiser' that is just as high but I'm struggling to find a leg raiser that is of decent height?

Anyone know if there is such thing and where I can get one from please, or even if I can make one myself? Thank you :)

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have seen a leg raiser at my physiotherapy clinic. I use it when I'm lying on my back for treatments. She may have had it specially made, but I would check with a physiotherapist or possibly a medical supply shop?
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Thanks, will contact my physio. I've also just thought, my friend works as a OT so might know as well. :)
  • janet1
    janet1 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Would a large pillow or blanket rolled up help, I sleep with a folded pillow between my knees if on my side or have it under my knees if on my back. I have done this since I had my hip replacement and it seems to help me stay in a good position and get a better nights sleep.

Let us know how you go on!

Jan
    X
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I would ask social services its surprising what they can come up with...good luck..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Hello. I don't sleep on my bed now, I can't, so I sleep on the sofa and do what you do.Hope you find your leg raiser.
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?