Thirst

Options
janjankay58
janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
edited 18. Mar 2014, 06:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have a constant thirst had it for 4 days I can't see it being medication as I have been on same medication for many years (amitriptyline tramadol diazepam) don't know why I am so thirsty even want to eat food was has liquid otherwise I have no appetite going to make a appointment at the medical centre tomorrow any one else get this.

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I keep well hydrated but my meds make my mouth very dry.

Diabetes can cause a deep thirst. I agree seeing someone asap, just to be on the safe side, is a good idea.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Diabetes springs to mind. Best get it checked out as you are going to do.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janjankay58
    Options
    I have a appointment with the doctor at 4.15 this afternoon so will let you know what the outcome is
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck....suppose it will be blood test then wait for a week...hope you get some answers soon..
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    How did you get on this afternoon, Jan?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been wondering too - I hope you have an answer and it's not anything too serious. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • janjankay58
    Options
    Just to let you know how i got on at the docs. She examined my tummy and tested my wee she said my wee had blood and protein in it she wants me to have a kub xray?? anyone had one before? she wants xray of bladder bowel & kidney and she wants me to have fasting bloods done. receptionist said it would be next week before they could fit me in for that.
    she said it could be diabetes but need to rule out other things as well.
    I will let you know when i get the results.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Blood in urine is the norm for some people without there being anything amiss (I am one of those people). I am pleased that investigations will be done because you need to know what's what, yes? I have no idea what a kub Xray is, sorry. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben