New £20 million centre in Glasgow sounds exciting for RA :)

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 19. Mar 2014, 13:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
This new £20 million centre in Glasgow sounds promising . I read about it today via Facebook and was hopeful as it said RA people could benefit. Did anyone else see this article ? I wonder when it would be ready and if what they are suggesting would actually work ! Looks promising anyway :)

Comments

• HannahT
    HannahT Member Posts: 38
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, it does indeed! Lets hope they are continually well-funded and are able to come up with personalised treatments for RA and other conditions.

Personalised treatments is the future of medicine!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I haven't seen it but anything that will help with future treatments has to be good
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,152
    Options
    Thank you for the link, promising stuff and they sound committed & enthused by the ideas behind it.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Although I do not dispute the hope this centre offers I find myself pondering three things:

1. Who funded the remaining £12,000,000 of investment?

2. What could £20,000,000 of shared research into the diseases mentioned achieve?

3. There is more than RA out there when it comes to auto-immune arthritis.

DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben