An odd thing happened on the way to the forum.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 18. Mar 2014, 14:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been discharged from a hospital clinic. :shock: My third set of Xrays of the shoulder showed that healing is happening, the original breaks can barely be seen, the rather large triangle of bone that they were concerned about has knitted back into place and in a good position to boot, and a splinter of bone that was sticking out (I never knew about that or perhaps I was too doped on oromorph to take it in) has been nearly reabsorbed. Crikey. I have a very good range of movement, I am to keep up with physio and my exericises (I haven't done those for over a week :wink: ) but the fracture clinic is history. :D

Now to do the same with rheumatology and orthopaedics . . . . :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great news, DD. Good for you.

Meg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Fantastic News DD! Not only are you the super mind of the forum you have a super healing power!! :shock: :lol: Truthfully Great news that your body is healing so fast and well. :)
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Super news- well done you super healer!!!!!!!!! Now perambulate carefully in order to avoid a repeat performance :wink: . Seriously though- well done on keeping up the exercises etc- sometimes our healing is to some extent in our own hands, and it's tempting to let stuff slip-I'm guilty of that with breathing exercises for the lung damage-then I get clogged again and rapidly return to the straight and narrow :oops: .
    Maybe it's a good day for a small libation in celebration :D
    Deb x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello DD
    you have done well. try not to do it to the other arm.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,152
    Options
    Oh whoopee :) bet you never knew you were such a good knitter :lol: Striking off a clinic, how gratifying. Well done & pleased to hear. x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    That must make such a difference...glad it has healed so well for you..now good luck with the other clinics :roll: ...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Well done you! My friend broke the top part of her arm whilst skydiving indoors :? At first it was kept in a sling in the hope it would heal itself which unfortunately it didn't so she had to have it pinned and it then healed okay, but she did need quite a lot of physio. Glad everything has knitted up together.
    Debx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello dd,

Good news.
    Does this mean that you can pick your nose with either
    hand again?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been doing that for weeks, Ichabod, it's passed the time, occasionally fruitfully (not that I have fruit growing in my nasal cavities :wink: )
    Everyone else? Thank you all for your very kind words, it is a result, isn't it? :)

I fully took in the severity of the break today, the charming Registrar took me through the all three sets of Xrays and even I could appreciate the differences. I reckon it's done what it's done because I obeyed the rules, I 'slept' sitting up, wore my sling constantly until I was told I could leave it off overnight, I didn't push the exercises too hard or too far and didn't do anything to jeopardise matters (although it was tempting at times). It has taken longer than the 4 - 6 weeks they said, I'm in week 8 and still have a little way to go so I must still keep on being sensible. Ye gods, enough of that already! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Terrific news, DD! Crossing a consultant off your list sounds heavenly. Good for you for following instructions to the letter. I think you've saved yourself a lot of grief/additional pain by doing this. Good to hear of your positive healing experiment, I mean experience :wink:, despite antiTnfa DMARD treatments.

Now, no more going head over heels ok?

Did dreambeatrice miss you?

Anna
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Well done dreamydaisy
    its good news that your on the mend ,with our meds that we take
    its not always so quick and sometimes as you know we have to stop them.
    keep up the phizio soon be raiseing that arm again :wink:
    best wishes mike26 :roll: