pocket duties please!

Options
thistlegirl
thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
edited 28. Mar 2014, 20:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Who is free on Monday? Wine and nibbles will be served...though you may want to byo as it is a long day!

On Monday I am finally getting my first infusion of Rituximab, it has been a long wait too. This is my 4th biologic so I know the score but I am still a wee bit nervous, I have been known to have reactions to meds (a lot!)
It is a full day, I am in for 9am and the infusion is over 4 or 6 hours (can't remember which) then supervision for 2 hours incase of delayed reactions.
I had steroid injections in both knees and shoulders 6 weeks ago and I had great improvement immediately bit they are beginning to flare again already. My right knee doubled in size yesterday :(

I get another infusion in 2 weeks then that is it for 6months to a year. This would be great as I was previously in every 4 to 6 weeks for my other infusions so the break will be nice-as long as it works!

Going to try to corner a doc while I am in to see if any other option to improve things while waiting for the infusions to work. I am still off work and would like to get back asap but need to be fit first!

Jenny

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Jenny I would love to be in your pocket on Monday, unfortunately I have urodymamic tests to get done :shock: but I certainly will be thinking of you, hope the infusion goes well..................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I'm free for pocket duties. Fingers crossed XX that you don't have any reaction to the treatment. Try not to worry, will be in your pocket.
    xxAnna
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket Jenny. I hope all goes well, and you see some improvement very soon.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'm free on Monday, Jenny, so I'll be in your pocket. Hope all goes well.

Meg
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I'll squeeze in too, if thereis room, Jenny. Hope all goes well. Beryl. (((())))
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    if there is room for me i will do pocket duties as well my asthma playing up at mo so could do with a rest in your pocket count me in destiny
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hello Jenny
    I will be in your pocket on Monday If there's room.
    I hope it all goes well.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Count me in-I'll bring humbugs to tide us over and keep us quiet!!!!! :?

Deb x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

So sorry I've been such a useless buddy this year!!

I'll gladly be in ure pocket on Monday. Fingers crossed it works well & fast for you!!xxx

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Jenny
    Of course Iwill be in pocket duties, and I will have everything crossed for good results from the meds...think positive... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'll be in your pocket on Monday.....not doing anything until Tues {Physio and Nurse}
    So count me in and I hope you don't have a reaction.

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be there Monday,with full pockets you'll want plenty of wine. :D mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm sorry I can't afford the flight back home, Jenny, but I promise you I'll be thinking of you very much and willing all to go well. Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Jenny, Count me in for Monday! Will bring my Kindle and Galaxy pad! No cheese for me as I'm Lactose intolerant! Hope it goes well.
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    thanks for filling my pockets again.

I am back home now after a long sleepless night and due to hourly obs a sleepless day despite my efforts!

No reactions during the infusion but feeling clammy and fluey now-normal post biologic reaction for me on all 3 previous meds and MTX.

I didn't ask about a 'booster' shot, I decided 2 weeks wasn't long so I will see how things are next time.

final news is that one of my doctors is writing up my case to see if it can be published because my cancer was so rare and the links with the meds(not proven).

Still living up to my nickname 'Lab Rat', wishing I was boring though!

A true friend, even virtual, answers a call for help no matter how long it has been since you talked, we all have things we are juggling in our lives, thanks again for the support same time same place in a fortnight!?

Jenny
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll be there, but you might need to give me a nudge-got a brain like a sieve-coco fog :?

Hope the infusion settles well and kicks in soon.

Deb x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Just remind me and I'll be in your comfy pocket!! Hope the infusion gives you some relief soon. :)
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad the infusion went well Jenny, hopefully you will get some relief quickly, give us a shout for the next one will certainly be in your pocket if possible................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Bless you Jenny!!
    It's great for the Drs, they get all excited n write papers on you etc but somehow it makes me wana smack um side the head for being so darn insensitive!!! :x
    All I can suggest is for you to hope that this paper can help someone else in the future hun ... That may give you some small comfort perhaps?!

((((Hugs))))

I hope the new anti tnf works without trouble for you Jenny!!

See you in 2 weeks, if not b4. But please send me a reminder, I have awful fibro fog :oops:

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Oh, I bet you're glad that's over with :) . I'll be there next time too.