travel pass

karenmc Member Posts: 6
Good morning :D
Does anyone have any info re: rules for free travel pass? I have OA and possibly fibromyalgia and find it difficult to walk any distances without pain!
I drive but don't have a car and in order to qualify for motobility I would need to be awarded the higher rate of PIP, which I don't think I would qualify for. If anyone has any advice I'd be really grateful.
Have a good day all :D Thanks Karen


  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,489
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Karen

    Thank you for your posting. There is a little information about applying for free travel on the link This indicates that you would need to contact your local council to talk about applying for this. You could also speak to the Ciitizen’s Advice Bureau about benefits to discuss with them about the higher rate of Personal Independence Payment. You can find your nearest bureau on the link
    We have information about PIP that may be helpful to you. It may also be helpful to look at our information on managing osteoarthritis including coping with pain. You can find all this information on the link
    I hope that this information is helpful to you.

    Best Wishes