What would you do

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 10. Apr 2014, 05:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had Urodynamic tests to get done yesterday at a hospital I had never been to. I arrived 55 mins early for my appointment as I didn't know what the parking would be like or where the clinic was, and being slow walking thought I had plenty of time.

After waiting and driving around it got to ten minutes before my appointment I noticed a space in between two cars parked on a pavement not causing any obstruction. I felt I had no other choice but to park there, in my panic I didn't display my blue badge. When I came back I had a parking fine stuck to my window, if I pay it within 21 days it will be £20 after that it will be £40. I have appealed by email and have had an automated response, it can take up to 35 days to be reviewed.

What would you have done in this situation? xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Did the other cars have tickets? Surely they should have - and did you take a photo of your car to show that it wasn't causing an obstruction? Unless it was a designated BB space then I fear your badge wouldn't have been valid anyway. :( I would pay up, then appeal asking for a refund. I am sorry hon, this bother is so not needed. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    I would have done exactly as you did, as I hate being late for appointments, but would definitely appeal and explain the situation.
  • Sezeelson
    Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Absolutely appeal it!!

Look for any mistakes at all on the ticket - car colour, reg, anything as these can make the tickets void.

I've had 4 parking fines, not paid a single one. Wardens will ticket what they can, 80% are appealed successfully :)

Ask for photographic evidence of your car being the car ticketed - if they don't have this, it won't even be looked at by a court so you don't have to pay. No evidence

Keep confident! Fight your corner! You where in a very stressful situation
  • villier
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys

DD Yes the other cars had been fined as well, and no. I didn't think to take a photo after spending an hour with tubes in errrrm delicate places :oops: I just needed to get home for a nice cup of tea(if hadn't been so early it would have been something stronger) :lol:

19 Like you I am a stickler for punctuality especially when it comes to hospital appointments, I don't know what people are supposed to do when there are no spaces available. Thank you I am appealing it :wink:

Seezelson Thank you, you sound like a seasoned traveller :lol: I have taken on board the tips you have given me. I have had an automated reply they will get back within 36 days and if my appeal is not successful they will take the £20 payment from then. Like you I am a seasoned traveller that has been lucky. I will certainly fight them as I had no where to go :lol:
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Marie, I'd definitely appeal.I have done twice and was let off on both occasions. It was different circumstances but I found my Council sympathetic to a genuine caae clearly stated. Go for it,
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh Yes
    Definitely appeal
    It happened to me.....not in a hospital but the same thing......in a hurry and forgot to put my BB up.
    I met my daughter and we went back to the car {after a shopping trip :wink: There was a parking fine on it.
    I would have paid it because it was my fault........but my daughter said No....appeal so when she came back to our house we sat down at the computer and appealed.
    I typed she dictated.....it was a very "grovelly" letter Is there such a word :lol:
    I was a pensioner and how I relied on my 4 wheel rollator and the parking space to get it out. There was more along those lines I cant remember now. but we got a lovely letter back saying how sorry they were for the upset they had caused but their attendants were trained to ticket everyone without a BB etc but they would waive the costs.
    So it was worth it.
    Everything in the letter was true by the way :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Marie Iam sorry you are having to go through this it is all so blinking worrying...we have had a of fines for different things..mostly forgetting to display the badge ..you appeal at least you will feel better doing something ...good luck with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi Maria,

I hope the appointment was successful at least??

My Mum got a ticket from our little town centre car park not long after Dads funeral, same as you, she'd forgotten to display her badge, she broke down on the phone to me coz the fine was £120 :(

Mum had multiple unexplained brain bleeds In May 2012 which have caused cognitive issues, with the stress & distress of grief, I appealed via email explaining that & how she'd just simply forgotten, thru being distracted, to display it. They very swiftly replied by letter letting her off completely. Oh I added a scanned copy of Mums Blue Badge with the appeal email btw.

I'm sure they'll let you off. Good luck.

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I forgot to add ....

I'd definitely have parked where ever I could have too!!xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    Options
    I forgot to add to my post.....I also scanned my BB and sent it to them

Hileena
  • villier
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, Hileena, Barbara and Debbie it's good to see I am not the only that would abandon their car :lol: I will just have to wait and see if they will believe my explanation :roll: xxx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I realised after my post (but too late to edit) what a stupid suggestion it was. :oops: I sincerely apologise but it could be another qualifying matter to raise in your appeal? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    Options
    Hurrah!!!!!! the fine has been cancelled. If anyone ever gets a parking fine definitely appeal it xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Great news- well done you- and gives others the impetus to stand up for them self.

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I got your pm
    That is fantastic news :lol::lol::D

Love
    Hileena