Been in a car accident

Options
Sezeelson
Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
edited 3. Apr 2014, 10:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
On Thursday evening, I was involved in a car crash - thanks to an illegally parked van, I had to pull out of a junction blind and really unluckily, collided with another car :( the street was one way or I would have turned around but I had no choice at all.

I've been diagnosed with whiplash in my back, shoulder and neck. I'm in agony :( walking is so painful, my back seems to be getting worse and worse and I'm petrified of my arthritis symptoms popping their ugly heads up as I've been doing so well lately :cry:
I'm also to bad to walk my dogs and really don't want to have to pay for a dog Walker.

Could really of done without this! The pain is chronic

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no, I am sorry to read this, no-one needs anything like this happening to them, people like us least of all. :( I guess that in time the whiplash will sort itself out and I hope that your insurance will cover all the damage involved. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this,like you say on top of everything this is all you need..this nearly happened to us a few weeks ago because the car park next to us had blacked out windows..all I can say is have you been to A&E..just to get checked out they will test you for trapped nerves and such ... keep heat on that neck to relax the muscles..and like DD say let us know how get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh that is awful.......we do not need things like that happening to us.
    Have you been to A & E? If not.....go and make a note of what is wrong.
    I hope things ease off soon

Love
    Hileena
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh you poor thing. :( Hope you've been checked out by medics. I had a friend who was in a nasty accident and found osteopathy really helpful for whiplash. Apparently heat helps too. Be careful with the dogs, don't over do it! Take good care.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh that is awful, I hope it doesn't spark off the Arthritis but to be honest I have a horrible feeling it will due to the whiplash. I hope you went to A & E and that the police came and the Illegally Parked van got done by the rozzers!! You need to get plenty of rest so your body can get over the shock of the accident and plenty of rest so it can heal. Take care.
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the accident :( . Get loads of rest and try some heat therapy on the places where it hurts. I find that helps me the most, I have a small plug-in blanket that I put on the back of my arm chair. When in pain I switch it on! :P

Hope you start to feel slightly better.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you feel better soon...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello again, how are things with you today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sezeelson
    Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely messages! :)

My back just seems to be getting worse, I'm struggling to do things I've only just been able to start doing on my own like making a cup of tea in the morning. I'm trying to rest, but the pain is too much sometimes.

I've not been to A&E yet, I'm struggling to get out. My sister is taking me to my dad's today though so I can have a chat with him and he'll know what I should do and he can take me to the hospital. I tried to walk my sensible dog around the block, the pains in my back and neck spread to my ribs and I was having difficulty breathing as normal.

I'm already starting to ache in my elbow and hands and my right hip isn't feeling great :S I'm trying to stay positive but at the same time prepare myself. I've got heat packs and deep heat creams. I'm taking tramadol, paracetamol and ibuprofen. My neck feels a bit swollen.

Urgh. I'm going to phone a dog Walker today and get a quote for a week. That will at least take some pressure off x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Sezeelson
    I hope you begin to feel a bit better soon.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Sorry to hear , go to AE to get checked out. Wish I could help with walking dog,
    Lots of love