Erosive Inflammatory OA

Options
FionaP
FionaP Member Posts: 39
edited 6. Apr 2014, 06:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Does anyone else have EIOA?
I and 45 and was diagnosed in October last year and am having trouble finding information about it.
I have it in all my joints plus OA in my lower spine (had surgery in 2011) and my neck.
I'm feeling kind of lost to be honest.
I'm taking Naproxen and Omeprazole plus Gopo Rosehip and I go to a seat yoga class once a week plus I use hypnotherapy for relaxation and to reduce the pain.
I'm currently having a flare up, I have dents where my knuckles should be and can hardly walk.
I'm hoping to find others going through this to chat and share things with.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Fi
X
Fi
x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't have this but I do have two kinds of arthritis which could be considered to do similar damage. I began with an auto-immune inflammatory version and the joint damage from that has led to OA in a number of useful joints. :( I confess I haven't heard of EIOA - have you thought about ringing the Helpline? They are very good listeners and may be able to support you in a different way through this rough patch but all of us on here can empathise with your current situation; we know it isn't fun so come and talk to us. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • FionaP
    Options
    Hi DD,

Thank you for replying. What you have does sound very similar to the information I have about EIOA, as in it's auto immune and the damage it causes is the same as OA.

I hadn't thought of calling the help line, thank you and yes I will be joining in all over the place on the forum as having read some posts you are a really friendly supportive group.
    Fi
    Xx
    Fi
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We do our best to help :) . There are many forms of auto-immune arthritis but we all understand the feelings of frustration, anger and helplessness that can engulf us from time-to-time. I've been playing this ghastly game for seventeen years now and those emotions still catch me from time to time. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Fiona
    and welcome to the forum..if you are new :)
    I am very interested in this after 4years of OA I am to see a rheumy in May because of the amount of pain and joints effected, so I will be watching your thread ..sorry I am of no help to you..but |do wish you well..
    Love
    Barbara
  • FionaP
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I have put a post on the on the Help forum, so fingers crossed.
    I will post on here as I learn.

Best wishes
    Fi
    X
    Fi
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope they reply soon, FionaP. Do you find that the weather influences how things are? I know that my OA is exacerbated by cold and damp weather whereas my PsA dislikes the heat and humidity; what fantastic year-round fun! :lol: DD
  • FionaP
    Options
    Oh dear, that really is no fun, you just can't win can you?!

The wet does make the normal OA in my neck and back worse, however, I have to say I haven't really taken any notice of how the weather influences the rest of my joints. Mind you I have only had EIOA in them since October and it's been a tad wet since then lol

I will let you know

Xx
    Fi
    x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    FionaP wrote:
    Hi Barbara,

I have put a post on the on the Help forum, so fingers crossed.
    I will post on here as I learn.

Best wishes
    Fi
    X
    Thanks Fi..I will keep my eyes on it.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • FionaP
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

How are you doing?

I have spoken to the help line, sadly, although the lady was extremely lovely, she didn't know anything about EIOA. She has suggested I write down a list of questions for my dr next time I see him and take someone with me to help me remember the answers, plus ask for physio, which is good advice.

I will keep my search going and keep updating as and when I learn stuff.

Xx
    Fi
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    General thinking is now coming round to the idea that there is a genetic aspect to OA (just as there is with an auto-immune arthritis). It could be that you overlap the two conditions but in a different way to those who start with an auto-immune then develop OA as a result of joint damage, or (more rarely) those who start with OA then develop an auto-immune. Arthritis is a complicated beast but of my two I prefer the OA because it is more honest in the way it presents. My PsA is sly, sneaky and underhand. DD