Hi guys - Wrinkley fingers

Options
Su51
Su51 Member Posts: 5
edited 3. Apr 2014, 06:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I have been a member before but not used the site for a long time, when I was first diagnosed it was a total lifeline and to this day I cannot imagine how I would have got through those days without it! I have met and have some really good online friends as a result of travel that road together in here too. I will be 63 on Sunday and have my RA under control at the moment, in fact these days my osteo arthritis seems to give me more trouble, but who can really tell which symptoms belong to which condition sometimes!!!

Now for the wrinkley fingers part...My fingers look like I have been in the bath too long on a permenant basis and I am wondering if this has anything to do with RA which syptoms seem to be all encompassing sometimes! Does anyone else suffer from this condition, lately I have been taking a wheat extract oil which seems to have made a difference but then maybe the climate warming up has, I guess I wont know until I have completed a year taking this.

well love and luck to all Auther sufferers Cheers for reading this Su

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can empathise. I have wrinkly fingers and have had all my life - in my case I think I have too much skin hence all the creases and wrinkles. :) I have PsA , OA and fibro but the hands have been like it all my life - even as a baby. I know that the skin on our hands thins with age and there is nothing to be done about it, it's one of the ageing processes but a supplement may help. I have tubes of handcream everywhere, in every bag and some in the car too, I religiously moisturise my hands but even so, brown spots are appearing and the wrinkles are still there . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Su51
    And welcome back to the forum, sorry I cant offer any help...but I hope you find us all still has supportive...sure you will.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Su51
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Su51
    And welcome back to the forum, sorry I cant offer any help...but I hope you find us all still has supportive...sure you will.. :D
    Hi Barbara thanks for the greetings nice to lnow you are there
  • Su51
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I can empathise. I have wrinkly fingers and have had all my life - in my case I think I have too much skin hence all the creases and wrinkles. :) I have PsA , OA and fibro but the hands have been like it all my life - even as a baby. I know that the skin on our hands thins with age and there is nothing to be done about it, it's one of the ageing processes but a supplement may help. I have tubes of handcream everywhere, in every bag and some in the car too, I religiously moisturise my hands but even so, brown spots are appearing and the wrinkles are still there . . . . DD
    Hi Daisy thanksf for your reply, I am not sure if I know what PsA the rest the only too well understand.... :-) I have only recently developed the pruney fingers last year or so. I have recently invested in some wheat oil extract tabs and the pruney has definitely become significantly less, its too early to attribute this to the oil, other factors may be in volved like climate change etc but it looking good. My sis asked me if I knew what caused the pruney fingers so I thought I would start by seeing if other RA sufferers have this symptom because i have learned over time that it comes with some very obscure symptoms lol xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I thought hands wrinkled with age and hard graft :wink: I've never attributed mine to my RA or OA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm sorry, I forgot to provide the translation :oops: . PsA is psoriatic arthritis, in other words it's damaged joints plus unpleasant skin. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Su51
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder Daisy I am wondering if I have this too My skin condition has always been seen separately!!

Yes I agree pruney/wrinkly skin comes with age and to be honest I was intrigued to try the wheat oil not only for my fingers but also my face lol vanity, vanity Nice to speak with you guys hope your joints and skin conditions are behaving xx