Happy

Options
JasmineTheodora
JasmineTheodora Member Posts: 21
edited 3. Apr 2014, 12:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
The last time I posted with my positive news I thought afterwards that I was wrong to do so as many people using the forum have ongoing difficulties.

However I have been thinking about people who are facing a THR as I did 8 weeks ago. I was looking at the forum postings before my op and I think positive feedback would have helped me.

So, just to say, I'm doing very well. I started driving a week ago which was a wonderful milestone. On my daily walk this morning I managed to actually walk the last 300 yards without my crutch. Each improvement feels great. I'm nowhere near full recovery but just can't help smiling :D:D

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Congratulations and well done to you! I daresay there is still some way to go before you are fully recovered but at least you have the longer days and brighter weather to help you along. One of the 'difficulties' with the forum is that it is mainly used by those who are not doing so well - and it is a valuable resource for us - but it does make a change to hear some better news. Carry on the good work and please keep popping in because we constantly get new people joining who are facing such surgery - your tale will help them, I am sure. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Thank you for sharing good news-it's always uplifting to hear good news stories and an encouragement to those facing similar things.

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Please don't ever hesitate in posting good news, JasmineTheodora and I'm very pleased that all is going well for you.

Understandably, people are more likely to come on here when things are amiss and that gives a very unbalanced perception of arthritis especially to any newbies looking in.

So keep posting the good news and keep smiling. You've put a smile on my face too. Thank you :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yes I agree don't ever hesitate posting good news :D , I love to read about people recovery..you are doing really well, dont over do things but keep up the good work..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Settler
    Settler Member Posts: 51
    Options
    i agree, we need to hear the good and bad, more good positives things i think help people when the are facing the same hurdles, will be posting all about my injections when i get them , so other people know what they may experience,
    Shirley