Another question...urinalysis.

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 4. Apr 2014, 03:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

I hope the smog isn't affecting too many of you; it is looking quite 'foggy' here, I think it is hiding the sunshine!

Anyway, while I was at the Dr's yesterday having the evil-that-is-a-steroid-jab, I mentioned to him that in the letter I had from the rheumatologist with my blood/urine tests, it mentioned that I had +1 leukocytes and +2 blood in my urine. He was very surprised that the rheumatologist had done nothing further regarding it, and said that although the leukocytes was ok on it's own, the positive result of blood was not good. But then got on with doing the jab and said no more about it.

So, does anyone have any knowledge of this? Had the same results? I have looked it up and it can be caused by so many things, so wanted to ask if anyone knows if it can be related to anything arthritic?

Once again, not looking for diagnosis, just opinions and/or experiences.

Thanks

x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am a bloodied urine girl, it's always present and for some it is the norm. It was picked up in rheumatology, I was sent to the appropriate clinic and spent a very uncomfortable twenty minutes or so to be told that nothing was amiss. I now routinely warn anyone testing my urine about the presence of blood and my taking of sulph: it is meant to be that colour, OK? :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    You need to follow it up as it can indicate quite a number of things.
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Salamander, I don't know who to follow up with? Rheumatologist just listed it in the letter, the GP said it's not good and asked what the rheumy was doing about it, I said nothing, and he said nothing more.

DD, it's my liver function test that is always high! Apparently I'm one of those people who always gets a higher reading! But never had the blood in the urine thing before.

x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It was my rheumatologist that did the referral but it may be worth asking your GP to do the same. I freely admit I am a shocker with not worrying about stuff that happens but others are more sensible. Go and see your GP and ask, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben