UPDATE ON MY ORTHOPAEDIC APPOINTMENT {THR /FRACTURE}

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 6. Apr 2014, 12:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I'm 10 weeks post THR and 6 weeks since the fracture.
I had an ortho appointment today. He asked for an X Ray to check it against the other ones.
He's pleased with my progress but says it will still take a "long long time" to heal.
He says I can now sleep whatever way I want to....not just the operated side. [which is very sore}
Listen to my body and do what I can and don't do what hurts.
I go to seated Zumba with Arthritis Care........he said....get back to that...the more exercise the better.
I thought he might be very strict with the 90 degree angle but he says you are 10 weeks post THR and it wont affect the fracture.
So basically be sensible and be careful but that's it.
I was told when it happened by the physio......don't abduct your leg......eg get into bed both legs together :shock:
Now the consultant says abduct it. :shock: we do want it exercised??? Not sure about that yet.
I think that's it.......pretty positive appointment
I've got to see him in 3 months time to have another X Ray to check how it is getting on

Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I would listen to your body - it's already had a shock with the fracture caused by doing what you were told so be wary - I wouldn't resume that kind of exercise because surely everything else you do makes up for it. On the whole though, my lovely, it's all going in the right direction so hurrah! :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Good to hear that things are progressing well. Take care.

Meg
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sounds very positive Hileena, he sounds as if he was very pleased with you, keep listening to your body, you sound as if you are going in the right direction, well done you. Keep up the good work.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Eileen I have sent to PM..so glad the appointment went well...you are getting there..I am really pleased about the 90% rule...phew...you enjoy the Zumba..I can see you not very far down the road getting rid of the chair.. :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Yes I'm listening to my body and not doing anything that hurts.
    I've still only had about 4 short drives {yes DD :oops: }
    I could have used the car for a slightly longer journey {about 15 mins} not far....but didn't feel ready.
    Trying to be good :oops: :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I'm still in shock reading it was that long ago you fractured it, I think you dislocated it too didn't you?? :? :shock: Where does the time go?? :oops: :o

I'm really pleased things are progressing slowly but surely for you!! :D Wot a relief.
    Reading ure first post wen you fractured it was horrendous, I don't know how you coped & continue to do so!!

*Broken bones on top of arthritis & fibromyalgia is a big fear for me. I tip my hat to DD*

Quiet how you feel with it on top of a brand new replacement, well, it doesn't bare thinking about!! #bravelady :wink::D

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x