Sorry..so sorry but not my fault

Options
kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 9. Apr 2014, 06:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone. I know an update is well overdue but we moved into a new build bungalow so had no internet or phone. Well today I have both.
We had to move. After Johns stroke and my hip we were just not coping even with the live in care which was a bit hit and miss sometimes. John fell downstairs twice and obviosly I couldn't pick him up so although I didn't want a new build better safe than sorry. This is a retirement village very nice and I feel a lot more settled as at least I'm sleeping.
John is getting more forgetful and I'm afraid my patience is stretched sometimes. My hip is ok so I'm getting there just now need the soles of my feet not to be so sore.
I'll get back a little later and go through the posts but I really must send a couple of emails and make a few phone calls......oh Joy I felt like I'd lost my ability to talk. Love to you all May x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh bless May its lovely to have you back with us, only I am sorry to hear how hard things have been..I can only imagine how much patience you need...and its not always easy to do..I look after my dad..so I understand...it couldn't have been easy having to move but I hope it feels more like home very soon..and you get all the help you need we are always here....(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh May! How lovely to hear from you again and apologies are absolutely not required. Sticky is currently in the USA but returning next week, the rest of us are much as usual - things haven't changed that much. I am so pleased that you are now living 'on the flat' - the DDs are too, we moved just before Christmas and it does make life a deal easier. I am so sorry to hear that John is not doing too well, and I can understand your frustrations: it must be very difficult sometimes to maintain patience. :(

I am going out now but will be back tomorrow - take care my lovely, it is so good to see your name on here again. ((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Welcome back, it's lovely to hear from you again. Apologies are absolutely not needed, we all have to deal with the immediate things of life first, and it sounds like things have been more than a little challenging in your life.

I hope that you are both well settled into the new abode, and that it very quickly feels like "home"- so much more than just a place to pass the days.

Take care

Deb x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    How lovely to hear from you again, May. I am sorry you have had such a difficult time but hope that now you are settled in your new home things will be a little easier for you.

Take care. Beryl. (((())))
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    It's really lovely to see you back May.
    I'm very pleased things are easier and more settled for you now.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good to see you back May, sounds as though you are settling in nicely, you know we re all here for you (((()))).................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello May
    it's lovely to see you on here again you have been missed.
    I wish you all the best in your new home take care
    ((((((((may))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May
    Its fantastic to hear you again.
    So pleased you have moved....I know you were looking for a bungalow long before all this happened.
    There is no need to apologise...don't be silly. :wink:
    I had my hip replacement 10 weeks ago and weeks post op fractured a bone doing one of their exercises so I'm on 2 crutches 10 weeks post op :?
    Oh well......you take care and we'll hear from you sometime....we aren't going anywhere

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Good to see you back May. Sorry John isn't so good. I only see my dad on Saturdays and see how stressful it can be. My sister is is carer and I hear from her how it can be. Hope you settle in quickly and things are easier for you.
    Christine
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    It's lovely to hear from you May!!

I can only imagine how hard all of this has been on you, I'm so sorry!! It's an awful lot of change in such a short space of time :(

I'm glad things are going to be easier for you in ure new home & some 'new builds' aren't all that bad :wink:

((((May & John))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi May, Good see you back, so sorry things have been so hard and you have had to move because of things getting worse with your hip and your OH's stroke. Bungalows are a god send and should help you with your mobility. I'm sure when your properly settled in you will find the retirement village a lifeline for your self and your OH. So good to hear from you.
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    A bit more update. Today I got 3 appointments through the post. Scan on the 22nd,onco on the 28th and the rheumy on the 30th. I might as well get a season ticket!!!!
    This is a bungalow one of 8 with houses being built further along. Its all very nice with neutral decor and to be honest I've never had an easier move as I just sat and told the family what I wanted and they packed for the removers. They came at 8am and were gone by 11 and then family unpacked quite a bit and I am slowly getting through the rest.
    We had to use savings to buy this but today I have finalised the sale of the house so another thing off my mind.All paperwork is now up to me as John is unable to see to sign his name although he could scribble but certainly wouldn't know what he was signing.
    The stroke nurse has pushed for him to get attendance allowance which he has. I must say I was surprised as I thought benefits were difficult to get.He only got the care part but still its something as we've never had any benefit for anything before.
    I do hope you are all taking care of yourselves oh its so lovely to be online again. Love to you all May xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May
    Great that you are settling in
    It cant be easy taking over the paperwork but well done
    Keep us up to date with the appointments please.
    As I've said before...great to see you online again
    Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi May, I do all the paperwork as I'm at home that way if anything needs sorting I can do it and it's easy for me to keep on top of it. I was the one who was telling people where everything went when we moved, I felt like quiet an authoritative person!! You do feel lost without the interweb! What did we do before that came into our lives?! :lol: