Blue Badge Therapist Assessment help please

Options
2»

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Doc, Well it's all done and out the way now, you can rest after a ruff day and wait for the outcome. You did all you could, let us all know when you get the results. Hopefully it will be a nice shiny blue badge!
  • Docmartin
    Docmartin Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all, much appreciated. In retrospect I believe I might have done myself by saying the car was parked over 80 yards away, although I did point out it had taken me 15 minutes to make the hobble? From what I've heard, I think the default position is negative under the new rules. Also in this area (Frinton on sea Essex) there are many retiree's and the Council needs the parking revenue!:lol:
  • Docmartin
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It sounds as though you're not far from my neck of the woods, I live in Ipswich and have nothing but praise for my GPs' surgery and hospital. My local surgery now has around 20,000 patients (the majority not English),twelve doctors and six nurse practitioners, and you can usually get an appointment on the day (as long as it's not a Monday, that day is reserved for the worried well who have had to endure a whole weekend of not-much-wrong-but-they-think-they're-dying :wink: )

I am glad it went OK for you and here's to a positive outcome, please let us know the result; mine's a pint of Yo Boy :) DD

Hello Daisy,

As I've just admitted, I'm near Frinton, (Harwich for the continent, Frinton for the incontinent). I moved here in '98 after my wife died in Ipswich Central, we lived then near Hadleigh and had a brilliant GP. The average age in this region, has now further degraded the fading GP provision. Whenever I've visited the 'practice' here, I've noticed many older patients want their six minutes of Doctor time over routine aches and pains that I endure as inevitable. That said I do feel the present position of only two GP's shows a classic lack of forward planning, by the doom-brains running the NHS?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, Frinton, I've been there many times and like it, to my limited mind it's akin to an Essex version of Southwold. :wink: My late parents loved Frinton (especially the 'within gates' part of the town) and my Pa was all for moving in that general direction but Ma refused. I know Thorpe-le-Soken well plus other little villages in the general environs.

Yo Boy hails from West Mersea, another favourite part of Essex. If you go there ignore the Company Shed for seafood, try the place you drive past first (I think it's the same company but I cannot remember its name; it has a large car park to the left but we park on the single yellows in the residential road opposite :wink: ) because it has generous inside and outside seating.

Right, a proper answer. There is no doubt that the needs of an ageing population have not been properly considered regarding the effects on health-care etc. We live in times that adore (or maybe worship? ) the young whilst pretending that the young do not age. Oddly enough they do. :| Joint-wise I know I am old long before my calendar age (my peer group prove that), and am fully-aware that my care needs will only increase, but I am strangely grateful that I have been 'flexible' enough to adjust to my reduced circumstances. I've been dong that since the age of eight so it's no biggie but, for those who haven't, it is. I don't envy that.

I am beginning to understand my late Ma's resistance to financial and physical help but am determined not to go down the same route. I need help: end of. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Docmartin
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Yo Boy hails from West Mersea, another favourite part of Essex. If you go there ignore the Company Shed for seafood, try the place you drive past first (I think it's the same company but I cannot remember its name; it has a large car park to the left but we park on the single yellows in the residential road opposite :wink: ) because it has generous inside and outside seating...

I am beginning to understand my late Ma's resistance to financial and physical help but am determined not to go down the same route. I need help: end of. DD

I know the company shed, as I remember it's a rustic shack type thing on the left hand side, with the water behind it and street parking in front? It gets pretty drafty in the winter I seem to remember? My cousin who lives at Gt Bentley loves it though, so I've been quite a few times. Quite honestly I've found them a bit brusque and overall inferior to the 'The Sole Bay Fish Company' on the Quay at Southwold. 'Pinneys' in Orford is also excellent, very fifties and proud of it. I lived in the States for many years and their customer service and general attitude has spoiled me I fear?

I find the ambivalence between needing help and the poor standard of administration on the NHS, not treatment - difficult to contain, so like your mum I tend to ignore the medical profession now as far as possible. I just can't be bothered arguing with them. Its such a lottery nowadays, I have an old comrade in Leamington Spa and his GP is superlative and very pro-active. I sometimes feel moved to sue the Gov't under the Trade Descriptions Act for the payments I had deducted for 'National Health & Insurance. Why should our provision here be at such a variance to yours and my friend's in Warwickshire? Simply not on and they should face the consequences, which of course they seem to avoid!

Happy days
  • Docmartin
    Options
    Well I've passed! and will receive my 'Diploma of Depreciation' as soon as the 10 quid is paid. The total process was 4 months almost to the day. However, having had quite a chat with the very nice chap who took me for a walk, I think they are very poorly resourced to handle the level of applications currently received here on the 'Costa Geriatrica'.

Although he never said anything, it appeared my therapist had gained access to my service record? They were (I presume) therefore able to verify the original injury nearly four decades back now - where did that all go?

Anyway, think I'd better start swatting the 'flight manual', to see where and when I can land, etc?

The present BBC TV series 'Parking Mad' showed some of the restrictions. I think from memory and a very costly ticket at Victoria Bus Station, when dropping my mother off (she was blind) 15 years back, that some London areas and boroughs are off limits too?

'Per Ardua ad Astra'...
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hurrah! Oh that is good news (and I love your new name for it :D ) and the rules and regs are fairly straightforward; within bounds are single yellows and double yellows without kerb lines (but not close to a junction) and marked bays in car parks. Check about payment because some local authorities charge for BB parking in car parks whilst others don't (companies such as NCP charge). No parking on the zig-zags near pedestrian crossings or outside schools, and BB's do not give an exemption in time-restricted bays. I've listed this from memory so please read the accompanying booklet to check. I don't know about London but it wouldn't surprise me that one can't park anywhere useful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Brilliant news :D and yes a very good idea to swat up, this I didn't do and got caught in a permit area... :roll: we got let off by a very kind TW yes they do exist :? ..but I always remember him asking me to turn the badge over then he could see my picture...I can still hear him laughing.. :oops: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara