Crazy Couple of Days!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 9. Apr 2014, 05:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
As I mentioned last week I had 2 appointments this week yesterday and today. Well yesterday morning an hour before the transport came to pick me up to go to the hospital I had a nasty Epileptic Seizure, I came round screaming which freaked me out a little and then I realised what had happened and my poor right cheek was throbbing. By the time the Paramedic came to pick me up I was starting to feel myself again. I explained to her what happened. And when we got to the hospital she told my Physio and she told me she couldn't do anything until my Seizures where under control again because of the Hydro-pool. So that was a wasted appointment.
I saw my G.P today, She is pretty sure my Seizures have started again because of my lack of sleep due to my hips being bad (and a couple of certain furry monsters!), so she has increased my Amitriptyline dose and has suggested I have a proper siesta in the afternoon between 1-2 hours! We also discussed my lack of appetite and has suggested I break my meals down to 4 small meals a day so I get enough sustenance.
So the last couple of days have been crazy and I'm trying to get my head around everything.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.....I have epilepsy {well controlled} so I can imagine how you must feel. :(
    Good luck with having you small meals more often...sounds good.
    Also with your "proper" siesta.
    I hope you do get some sleep.

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this Bubba, lets hope the increase in the amitrip will give you more needed rest and you can get your appetite back on track, hopefully this will keep the seizures under control ((((()))))...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    bubba I am sorry , I can only imagine how scary this must have been..I hope the hospital treated you well because you must have been in shock and scared...I do hope they can get on top of this...and I am sure they will..hope you are resting... (((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You've been given some sensible advice so take heed - and banish the cats from the bedroom because they need you to be as tip-top as possible, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, Bubba. Hope you catch up on your rest and your fur babies will let you sleep.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Thank you for your comments, had a good night last night, only woke up twice with my hips. Furry Kids let me sleep, they seem to be going out more now the weather is getting better. Will behave now and get a siesta and have small meals 4 times a day it will take some getting used to but it has to be done.